Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i finished -1 that month... this month will probably be +2 or better

Maybe...we'll have some decent + deps for the first week. There will be cool downs to near normal which is nice this time of year. The avg first freeze for CON is only a little over 3 weeks away and it doesn't look like we'll see anything remotely close to that over the next couple weeks.

Sorry I thought the initial claim was one didn't need the ECM data because of the free American models. I tend to think its enough of asuperior model that it's worth $20 per month.

Well for some there's that too.   I, and I am sure there are many other Meteorologist out there, can derive cogent outlooks based upon never having looked at the Euro products.  

In fact, those from novice to profession who care about actually understanding this stuff ... probably fall into that ilk of individuals, too -- or at least will at some point with continued drive to enlightenment. 

Which indirectly circles back to point ... if that is true (and it is...) why the F is our Gov puking money to that agency?

79/71 - mostly sunny - SW breeze.

Turned into a spectacular beach day! Low clouds cleared out 11:30 and the suns been out since!!

Surprisingly big surf... Nice rolling breakers and no seaweed!!

Unfortunately seabreeze is increasing so it'll knock the individual swells down and make it just choppy but until then... It's a top 5 beach day for sure!

79/71 - mostly sunny - SW breeze.

Turned into a spectacular beach day! Low clouds cleared out 11:30 and the suns been out since!!

Surprisingly big surf... Nice rolling breakers and no seaweed!!

Unfortunately seabreeze is increasing so it'll knock the individual swells down and make it just choppy but until then... It's a top 5 beach day for sure!

sweet be there tomorrow afternoon

Well then even better. Seasons in seasons. Though with sun interior you could nudge those daytime temps up 6-8 degrees . Nne flow with sun isn't cool inland

Hartford September normals vary from 80/59 at the beginning of the month, to 70/47 at the end of the month. Your highs are obviously lower on the hill but your lows may be higher likewise.

It looks like seasons in seasons wouldn't bring 40s at night till late in the month, and up on your hill I wonder if it's even October before regular 40s show up in seasonal norms.

Hartford September normals vary from 80/59 at the beginning of the month, to 70/47 at the end of the month. Your highs are obviously lower on the hill but your lows may be higher likewise.

It looks like seasons in seasons wouldn't bring 40s at night till late in the month, and up on your hill I wonder if it's even October before regular 40s show up in seasonal norms.

FWIW, down here in this half way point between a hilltop and a valley, my normals are 76/54 on 9/1 and 67/45 on 9/30.

My average date for 30s to start showing up is 9/15 but I think it takes Kevin till November to get there.

Archived