joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Practice till 830pm yesterday .then practice at 6am is not good for my energy for the day. Some fog around, sticky.

Sweaty memories of pre-season two-a-days at Hopkins.  Ughh! 

Ran the chainsaw yesterday until the sweat pouring into my eyes forced a shutdown.  Went out later to split the wood (as a shower was approaching - mainly a miss) and our Lab, which usually follows me down the road, instead went back into the house.  Wife's apt comment, "She was smarter than you were."

??

2010 and 2011 were torches.

Both were AN at my place as well.  However, apart from the 1999 torch (month avg 61.1) the other 15 Septembers have all come in between 53.8 and 58.5, pretty even-flow.  Good start on AN with yesterday's +9, muggiest day in nearly 6 weeks.  Clouds hanging tough here, with temps/dews upper 60s.  If/when the sun breaks thru, steambath upcoming. 

Couldn't get any more normal for summer, dry in areas but wetter in lucky areas like ORH

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=201409021206-KBOX-NOUS41-PNSBOX

One of the weird aspects of this summer was no daily record temps of any kind...mins or maxes.

That definitely speaks to the consistent nature of the summer with temps not straying too far from average.

One of the weird aspects of this summer was no daily record temps of any kind...mins or maxes.

That definitely speaks to the consistent nature of the summer with temps not straying too far from average.

That day ORH dropped to 58 in the aftn back earlier in August was probably the most anomalous type of day we had...but earlier high temp that day precluded in record low max.

how would you define a Chamber of commerce summer, I would say this would work

NUMBER OF DAYS FAIR 67

NUMBER OF DAYS PC 16

NUMBER OF DAYS CLOUDY 9

AVE RH. 59

That day ORH dropped to 58 in the aftn back earlier in August was probably the most anomalous type of day we had...but earlier high temp that day precluded in record low max.

Agreed that was a pretty anomalous day. Hard to be in the 50s in mid-afternoon in early August...and even tougher when there's not steady precip falling.

Slight boost in annual snowfall vs Brookline. :weenie:

Definite consideration. Picking up elevation and longitude. Quiet street great for pack retention. Sky lights in the master to view snow from bed. Screened porch to watch the little severe we get. Would have to buy a snow blower though.

Archived