• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September Discusssion--winter bound or bust

moneypitmike

I get the 30's on CAA nights in Oct on a cold shot.. Very rare is there an Oct freeze though 2 yrs ago on the morning of the HFD Marathon it got to 28 which I think was the 11th or during that week. Never a frost.. Always go to straight freeze. ORH always has same deal

I think you mean Sept freeze....Oct freeze happens every year.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, down here in this half way point between a hilltop and a valley, my normals are 76/54 on 9/1 and 67/45 on 9/30.

My average date for 30s to start showing up is 9/15 but I think it takes Kevin till November to get there.

That's good to know...its nice to have some context for what "seasons in seasons" should be as far as climo normals.

FWIW, down here in this half way point between a hilltop and a valley, my normals are 76/54 on 9/1 and 67/45 on 9/30.

My average date for 30s to start showing up is 9/15 but I think it takes Kevin till November to get there.

Great to see your weather station up and running again online!    :)

Did you get into the 40s on Saturday morning - Aug 30th?  We reached 48 degrees here according to my thermometer.

Feels like deep, deep summer out there tonight though!  (72/70 currently here)

Great to see your weather station up and running again online!    :)

Did you get into the 40s on Saturday morning - Aug 30th?  We reached 48 degrees here according to my thermometer.

Feels like deep, deep summer out there tonight though!  (72/70 currently here)

Seeing the hole in the mesonet map for this part of CT was my motivation to at least get my station back online.  Yes, I did get down to 48/49 on both Friday and Saturday mornings.

I know you like this stuff so I hope you're enjoying it!

BTW, I should have the Union station back online, probably sometime in October.

Archived