CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is literally not a single cloud in the sky.  Unbelievable. 

Sounds like your having an unusual summer back there.  It has been way above normal since I moved west, yesterday's paper had a graph showing July 7.5 degrees above average! 

Two fun hail storms the past two days (have cool android phone video of Pub Cycles in hail storm) looking forward to having "normal" weather here. 

Cheers to all the MA regulars!

OMG! What a hell hole. I just added Dubai to weather bug. 100 everyday, with dews 80-85. I always thought it was dry there.

Its dry in the sense that it doesn't rain much...which makes it even more hellish. Prolific heat and humidity with hardly any rain. Nice weather in the winter though.

Its dry in the sense that it doesn't rain much...which makes it even more hellish. Prolific heat and humidity with hardly any rain. Nice weather in the winter though.

Dry as in low DP. I agree. The lack of rain makes it horrible.

Beautiful morning. Cloudy, cool, and foggy this morning. Made for great crabbing weather.

Definitely a difference between east and west, here in Bel Air it's been cloudy a with a high of 73 so far with occasional periods of drizzle, yet in Cumberland it is 86 with T-Storms near I-81. Btw GFS and GGEM both picked up on a Friday-Saturday event.

How the heck do I have 1.82" in my home rain gauge?   I just got home and found it.  I went to Bethany Beach DE on Friday afternoon and just arrived back home.   It never even looked like anything west of the bay the whole time.   Bethany Beach itself got heavy rain in the overnight hours both Friday and Saturday some of it heavy, days were mostly dry with occasional sprinkles there, but I never saw more than a weak return around home whenever I checked radar.  WTF, not that I am compaining.....did storms come through this area over the last 3 hours?

How the heck do I have 1.82" in my home rain gauge?   I just got home and found it.  I went to Bethany Beach DE on Friday afternoon and just arrived back home.   It never even looked like anything west of the bay the whole time.   Bethany Beach itself got heavy rain in the overnight hours both Friday and Saturday some of it heavy, days were mostly dry with occasional sprinkles there, but I never saw more than a weak return around home whenever I checked radar.  WTF, not that I am compaining.....did storms come through this area over the last 3 hours?

There was some pretty isolated heavy (relatively slow moving) showers late Friday afternoon and evening, so who knows maybe you got one. That does seem like a lot of rain though. I would say in your area probably not much more than a quarter inch fell from early Sat until now based on radar estimates I have seen.

There was some pretty isolated heavy (relatively slow moving) showers late Friday afternoon and evening, so who knows maybe you got one. That does seem like a lot of rain though. I would say in your area probably not much more than a quarter inch fell from early Sat until now based on radar estimates I have seen.

And once again Harrisburg is about to get dumped on, wahhh

Apparently judging from this a lot of rain fell off and on over a 5.5 hour period around Westminster between 1am-5:30am today (sunday)....  This is the airport just north of town obs:

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/data/obhistory/KDMW.html

Archived