SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR doesn't look too impressive with the north extent.. showery etc. Then again it also thought it would rain midday and afternoon and it didn't so...

Doesn't feel like a Leesburg event locally.

Missed the frigid air this week but n myrtle was just about perfect weatherwise. Great storms Monday afternoon (70mph confirmed in conway) and one of the sickest long duration light shows off the coast that night. Sat on the balcony for nearly 3 hours watching. I would pay a hundred bucks for a rerun.

Looks like some heat may be on tap in the lr. We might snap our streak of not topping 90 for more than 3 days thus far. Hard to say if the signal has legs but it's looking like we might have a streak of august dog days after an incredible July.

Not only could we not even get a drop of rain, by afternoon it was at least 50% sun here.  Gosh, this place is infuriating.

You are seriously right on the edge there  on most guidance, but you cant be worse off there than places around DC and points east. Pretty infuriating here lately. Very crispy and brown here. Glad to get some decent rain. I was out that way 2 weeks ago and it was pretty green. 

Missed the frigid air this week but n myrtle was just about perfect weatherwise. Great storms Monday afternoon (70mph confirmed in conway) and one of the sickest long duration light shows off the coast that night. Sat on the balcony for nearly 3 hours watching. I would pay a hundred bucks for a rerun.

Looks like some heat may be on tap in the lr. We might snap our streak of not topping 90 for more than 3 days thus far. Hard to say if the signal has legs but it's looking like we might have a streak of august dog days after an incredible July.

I would actually welcome a week or two of heat and humidity. I would feel like I have missed out on typical MA summer weather if the current pattern continues.

Glad your trip was nice. Myrtle Beach is very nice and some of my best storm memories are from SC. I didn't really see sustained heat on the LR, but then again, I don't have Euro access :P

It's not cut and dried so low confidence. We hold low heights under higher heights to our n in candada for the next week but things really look to flatten coast to coast. The amplified pattern is probably going to take a break and if/when we lose the nice height pattern, weak ridging would connect to the narrow ridging to our north. My total wag is we go aoa for a period. Like low 90 stuff. No heatwave but 90+ for 5 days is a relative heatwave this year.

I would actually welcome a week or two of heat and humidity. I would feel like I have missed out on typical MA summer weather if the current pattern continues.

July completely dodged the nasties so I'm good too. Bring it. Upper 90's start getting pretty tough climo wise come mid Aug. Low-mid 90's for a week in aug is garden variety heat. In 5 short weeks its all about football season, first frost spec, and winter disco.

Archived