• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

Ensembles still holding the idea of lowest heights in the conus centered in the west is about 10 days through the ends of the runs. Still a warm look here. Not hot but aoa.

Honestly, I don't care much about September one way or the other. It's a nice transition month that's usually full of swings. As nwbwx said, heat in september is very tolerable. The days always start out cooler than July heat.

Once we hit Oct I crave cool crisp air and winter speculation is in full swing.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't know where to post this, but here it goes. The CFSv2 is now beginning to show a slightly below average September. The first week of the month starts out average to slightly above average, but then it starts showing some -2 to -3 degree departures later in the month.

I didn't know where to post this, but here it goes. The CFSv2 is now beginning to show a slightly below average September. The first week of the month starts out average to slightly above average, but then it starts showing some -2 to -3 degree departures later in the month.cfs_anom_t2m_conus_2014080900_m3.png

Woohoo!

TBH I'd really like to see some warm/hot weather to end this month. It's August. We are way below normal in terms of 90+ days here. It's strange.The runs may still show a warm look ten days out, but all summer we've seen that get pushed further back or disappear altogether. I imagine we'll continue to see more of the same. Even if we do get warmer, I don't see big heat.

Lol, you didn't have to stomach the endless fire-pit from 2010-2012. Stick around a few more summers and maybe your opinion will change ;)

TBH I'd really like to see some warm/hot weather to end this month. It's August. We are way below normal in terms of 90+ days here. It's strange.The runs may still show a warm look ten days out, but all summer we've seen that get pushed further back or disappear altogether. I imagine we'll continue to see more of the same. Even if we do get warmer, I don't see big heat.

Only in this forum do people openly cheer for heat and humidity.

I apologize for the random thoughts below (I'm bored).

I wish the GFS wasn't broken... It says the low tonight is going to be 53 degrees up here. The problem is it's not. No other model supports its outlandish predictions.

Projected lows:

12z GFS: 53

12z 4 km NAM: 66

00z EURO: 68

12z CMC: 66

Then, the NWS's forecast says the low will be 66. So, obviously they're not paying attention to the GFS.

Last night, however, the GFS ended up the closest for this morning's low. It showed 58 last night, and the actual low was 62. All of the other models were showing mid-60s+.

So, I think the low tonight will be somewhere between 50 and 70 degrees. ;)

I apologize for the random thoughts below (I'm bored).

I wish the GFS wasn't broken... It says the low tonight is going to be 53 degrees up here. The problem is it's not. No other model supports its outlandish predictions.

Projected lows:

12z GFS: 53

12z 4 km NAM: 66

00z EURO: 68

12z CMC: 66

Then, the NWS's forecast says the low will be 66. So, obviously they're not paying attention to the GFS.

Last night, however, the GFS ended up the closest for this morning's low. It showed 58 last night, and the actual low was 62. All of the other models were showing mid-60s+.

So, I think the low tonight will be somewhere between 50 and 70 degrees. ;)

I don't get it either

post-1597-0-67510700-1407698218_thumb.jp

post-1597-0-00043400-1407698227_thumb.jp

Next week. Maybe not sweat missiles but at least bullets and bb's.

Hard to say if it has legs. Most prominent signal since before July 4th. Too far out to over think.

That's slightly depressing. I guess we can't complain (except for extremely boring severe). It's been a pleasant summer. I'm just pumped for some rain Tuesday.

That's slightly depressing. I guess we can't complain (except for extremely boring severe). It's been a pleasant summer. I'm just pumped for some rain Tuesday.

It's no big deal really. It will be interesting how it shakes out. May/June was a break from trough east/ridge west pattern but it came back strong in July/Aug. I wouldn't mind a warm sept/oct at all. "Warm" during those months is still kinda nice except for maybe the first half of Sept.

If the overall zonal flow w/ weak ridging in the east sets up as advertised it won't likely be a dry pattern.

It's no big deal really. It will be interesting how it shakes out. May/June was a break from trough east/ridge west pattern but it came back strong in July/Aug. I wouldn't mind a warm sept/oct at all. "Warm" during those months is still kinda nice except for maybe the first half of Sept.

If the overall zonal flow w/ weak ridging in the east sets up as advertised it won't likely be a dry pattern.

Cool.. Thanks. I feel better now. I would like a average to slightly below average Sept/Oct. Cool night and mild days make for good fall color. I'm a fall color weenie:)

Archived