joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still have a hard time believing it. Nobody saw this kind of summer and even though I prefer big heat in summer this has been impressive to watch.

Overall I have liked this summer. But the lack of widespread or frequent thunderstorms, in addition to no severe heat waves has made it a tad boring. Too dry overall for my liking. But I will take it over the sultry hot mess of previous summers.

How much rain have you seen recently? It sounds like things have gotten a bit better.

We got an inch during the event that swamped BWI and Long Island.  We got about .25" on Wednesday and .15" today.  Far less than just about any report I've seen in this period, but nearly an inch and a half in the past 9 days has turned my grass green at least.  I'm used to living here, so I'm happy with that.

Can't believe how dark and dreary it is today.  Can't remember a year with a summer as cloudy and dreary as this one.  I'm good with cooler weather, but how about having some extended stretches of sunny days thrown into the mix?

I disagree. I think we've had a pretty nice stretch of wonderful weather in terms of both temps and conditions. This week was certainly dreary, but it wasn't long ago when people were wondering when it would rain again. What has made this summer so interesting has been cool temps without clouds or rain causing it. 

100% agree.  Cool, yes.  Cloudy, no.

This has been one of the most boring stretches of weather I've ever seen. At least boring stretches around here tend to end with a bang.

Fingers crossed!

Dca might score a 90+ on Wednesday. Edge of the seat man.

Other than rare tropical, there's not much happening in late august. Boring is typical unfortunately.

Great weekend weather.  Full clouds, a little rain, and 72F high on Sat, and mostly cloudy, falling dews, and a brief high of 77F that started falling during the mid-afternoon Sunday.

Agree.  1.13" of liquid sunshine on Saturday with a high of 67.8F followed by a sunny high of 74F yesterday.  August around these parts is GREAT!

Low last night was 58.7F, the 20th sub 60 low of JJA here in Clarksburg.

Nice hint of fall this morning to walk my daughter to her 1st day of 1st grade!  Temp near 60F for the low.  

Indeed.  57F for the low here.  Thick dew and patches of fog certainly made it feel look and feel like early fall.  

Ist day of 1st grade is one of the bigger milestones in life.  Exciting, yet hard day for the parents I'm sure.  I know how I'm dreading the day my daughter starts school.

Indeed. 57F for the low here. Thick dew and patches of fog certainly made it feel look and feel like early fall.

Ist day of 1st grade is one of the bigger milestones in life. Exciting, yet hard day for the parents I'm sure. I know how I'm dreading the day my daughter starts school.

I enjoyed the walk as well. Low 60's is still shorts and t weather but nice hint of fall in the air considering it's August.

As far as kids going to school....yep, first year is kind of emotional...subsequent years you can't wait until school starts again. Today seems like a holiday to me. LOL

Archived