• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

Indeed.  57F for the low here.  Thick dew and patches of fog certainly made it feel look and feel like early fall.  

Ist day of 1st grade is one of the bigger milestones in life.  Exciting, yet hard day for the parents I'm sure.  I know how I'm dreading the day my daughter starts school.

I enjoyed the walk as well. Low 60's is still shorts and t weather but nice hint of fall in the air considering it's August.

As far as kids going to school....yep, first year is kind of emotional...subsequent years you can't wait until school starts again. Today seems like a holiday to me. LOL

Kindergarden 1st day was hard on her and hard on us.  Today felt much better all around.  If the rest of the week goes well, I think we're golden.  My wife and I were certainly ready for school to start, kids were getting punchy (literally) this last week.  

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as kids going to school....yep, first year is kind of emotional...subsequent years you can't wait until school starts again. Today seems like a holiday to me. LOL

LOL.

Kindergarden 1st day was hard on her and hard on us.  Today felt much better all around.  If the rest of the week goes well, I think we're golden.  My wife and I were certainly ready for school to start, kids were getting punchy (literally) this last week.  

I hope the week, and year, are good to all.

Yesterday was the 9th 70s high for the month (and apparently the last).  Still zero 90s so far this month.

So, for the season thus far:  25 days with 70s highs and 11 days with 90s highs.  The last 90s occurred on July 23.  There has been but 1 90s high since July 14.

It's gonna be a close call tomorrow, but it we escape Aug w/o a 90s, then I'm 100% sure we'll never again repeat the above in my lifetime.  No way again a summer will feature better than 2:1 70s vs. 90s, an Aug w/o a single 90s, and but one 90s high in the entire second-half.

Yesterday was the 9th 70s high for the month (and apparently the last).  Still zero 90s so far this month.

So, for the season thus far:  25 days with 70s highs and 11 days with 90s highs.  The last 90s occurred on July 23.  There has been but 1 90s high since July 14.

It's gonna be a close call tomorrow, but it we escape Aug w/o a 90s, then I'm 100% sure we'll never again repeat the above in my lifetime.  No way again a summer will feature better than 2:1 70s vs. 90s, an Aug w/o a single 90s, and but one 90s high in the entire second-half.

Nice stats.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're going to get 90s. The 31st is an oven. 00z EURO showing 97 at DCA, with 90s extending all the way up into New England.

Nice stats.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure we're going to get 90s. The 31st is an oven. 00z EURO showing 97 at DCA, with 90s extending all the way up into New England.

That'll suck for sure, but NWS disagrees.  At the moment, at least, the forecast is mid 80s this weekend out here.  It'd be unfortunate to have our streak broken so late in the month.

That'll suck for sure, but NWS disagrees.  At the moment, at least, the forecast is mid 80s this weekend out here.  It'd be unfortunate to have our streak broken so late in the month.

I would'nt trust the models more than a few days out they've been  back and forth all summer. Alsp 

It may be, but we've had a few big heatwaves advertised at Day 7-14 that have fizzled into normal or modestly AN temps.  

Trend has been average to warm but no more shots of cool continental stuff on the horizon. That's ok. Those can wait for late sept/oct. We had way more than normal the last 3 months. 

Flow looks progressive at least. Tomorrow looks pretty warm and then again on Sat. My wag is we have ups and downs for the foreseeable future but the downs aren't going to be putting up many neg departures. No biggie. In a month or so we'll be talking about when the first frost might be.

Archived