Newest Member
    EWR757
August 2014 Obs and Discussion

H2O

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

18z gfs says bobs warmup is fruit of the loom

Looks warm and humid enough so you'll have to change your tighty whities twice a day.

We'll see how it shakes out over the next 10-14 days. Looks to me that a run of above normal is on tap as expected. I never expected a big string of 90's. Dca should score some. They've been quite rare.

Other then the NAM last sets of models seem to have backed off for Tue. WPC highlighted risk though overnight.

post-1615-0-53095200-1408210515_thumb.gi

Wouldn't be too hard to get it back at this pt so certainly still something to watch. Especially since it's boring as stuff otherwise.

Looks warm and humid enough so you'll have to change your tighty whities twice a day.

We'll see how it shakes out over the next 10-14 days. Looks to me that a run of above normal is on tap as expected. I never expected a big string of 90's. Dca should score some. They've been quite rare.

The briefs got even briefer

Since the mega nino we have had, in just the last 15 years, the mega nino, mega snows, mega heat, mega hurricanes and then no hurricanes. Next up-mega cold 2014-15.

I think there has been one 75+ low for DCA in last 45 days.

Since June 1 I have had 41 lows in 60's (7 at 60) and 37 with lows in 40's and 50's.....hard to beat that for summer.

IAD has had 3 double digit departure days since June 1st...all 3 are negatives. -14, -13, & -10.

Almost -5 for the first 15 days of August. Wow.

First above normal day there since July. (just barely)

post-1615-0-40777900-1408312157.gif

First above normal day there since July. (just barely)

I'm at the point where I don't care what happens temp wise until Dec. Summer is basically over in my brain. Kids start school next week.

Any type of interesting weather is fine from here on. Even a heat wave. Let's get a tropical hit of some sort. That would be fun to track.

Archived