joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to fine pixie dust. This stuff is finer than powdered sugar. It takes fourteen millennia to accumulate. Another death band to end all life on earth just missed me by a mile. I am hoping and praying for 3 inches before ut shuts off at 10 am. I dont get why we are under a winter storm warning until 6pm. The sniw will be well south of us by 11am. The WSW should expire at noon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You take every opportunity to piss on things. Congrats on being you.

I was actually one of the ones telling people to not jump off the ledge yesterday based on the NAM (though now it doesnt look totally out to lunch) so no I dont always piss on things. And while we know it happens all the time, its still frustrating to see Frederick-Westminster get banded while Im stuck in blues..it is what it is. so whatever.

I was actually one of the ones telling people to not jump off the ledge yesterday based on the NAM (though now it doesnt look totally out to lunch) so no I dont always piss on things. And while we know it happens all the time, its still frustrating to see Frederick-Westminster get banded while Im stuck in blues..it is what it is. so whatever.

congrats to both of you!!Whiners  !!

Just got back from Grainger's in Merrifield.  I-66 and the Beltway are plowed and traffic is moving around 35-45mph.  Major side streets in the area are plowed, but not well.  Not many people out and about (fortunately).  Currently 18F/17dp and about 3-4" just N. of Vienna (hard to measure accurately with the blowing).  Looks like it may be a bit under-perfoming imby.

radar looks pretty good for DC for the next 2 hours, shouldn't be any awful lulls.

better enjoy it now, this is the 12Z NAM total qpf and this is from 7AM to 7PM so you need to subtract out what has fallen since 7AM

http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/Image.php?fhr=012ℑ=data%2Fnam%2F12%2Fnam_namer_012_precip_ptot.gif&model=nam&area=namer&param=precip_ptot&group=Model+Guidance&preselected_formatted_cycle_date=20140303+12+UTC&imageSize=L&ps=model

I hear you, but if you define our snow in reference to Westminster/Frederick, you know it will always make you sad. Nice event unfolding regardless.

Should probably get me another 1.5-2" I'm on the edge of light green and dark green, so maybe a tad more then that even.

Can't really complain, I reset my bar to 4", and I'm at 3.5" or so with SN.

Back to fine pixie dust. This stuff is finer than powdered sugar. It takes fourteen millennia to accumulate. Another death band to end all life on earth just missed me by a mile. I am hoping and praying for 3 inches before ut shuts off at 10 am. I dont get why we are under a winter storm warning until 6pm. The sniw will be well south of us by 11am. The WSW should expire at noon

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Jeez man just enjoy it. It's gonna be 95 and humid out before we know it. It's been a great winter!

I hear you, but if you define our snow in reference to Westminster/Frederick, you know it will always make you sad. Nice event unfolding regardless.

I just thought potentially in a set-up like today, maybe it wouldnt happen..But I guess you cant defy the laws well past the fall line. Yes, nice event for March...But part of me was hoping for a little more. Teens and snow is cool but not as cool if its not ripping.

Thats gonna bust just from the band thats in Cumberland right now. That one will make it in. But that should be about the end of it.

I wish people could post obs stating how awesome whatever snow is falling is instead of how crappy the snow is and look at the back edge or no way we get to this amount. So many negative nellies on here....enjoy the damn snow...it's all you got!! Who cares who has more or when it ends or how the models missed...really...stop projecting your misery...this is not directed at any one individual...it's a general statement about many.

Oh and Ji...it's really pretty in your front yard...very picturesque

Archived