joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess this is a reasonable amount of snow for March. I have 3 inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

While on one hand we can be bitter that we're not seeing the type of accumulations forecasted, especially those fantasy maps from 2 days ago, just think about the cold-nature of this storm.  3 or 4" of frozen powder that sticks to everything is a lot better to me than 8" of wet slop where you constantly hear drip, drip, drip (like last March).

how could all the forecasters miss the dry slot that seems to be pushing in, forecasting this year has been awful

Hardly awful...20 mile shifts have huge implications during split flow regimes and storms with sharp northern edge.  Just because you didn't get your 15" of snow on the 240 HR GFS doesn't give you the ability to sling mud.

While on one hand we can be bitter that we're not seeing the type of accumulations forecasted, especially those fantasy maps from 2 days ago, just think about the cold-nature of this storm. 3 or 4" of frozen powder that sticks to everything is a lot better to me than 8" of wet slop where you constantly here drip, drip, drip (like last March).

I got almost nothing in the 3/6/13 event. This is fantastic. A classic old school winter, more reminiscent of what we see in a -AMO circulation.

The composite radar is weenie-ing it up a bit...the dry air is getting entrenched..Think its going to be tough to get much more..just my opinion

that's why I said "may" be reinforcements

I can't find any traffic cams over the area in N WV that has the darker greens to confirm it's snowing

traffic cams in W MD show little, if anything, falling

Archived