joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-3 Obs Thread

Herb@MAWS

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Temp falling off some again. 18.6 degrees. Quick measurement between 2.5" and 2.75". Not complaining about the snow, but the ratios here are going to end up really low. I could see less than 10:1.

Yeah it's not the best powder ever. Pretty though. And it is March.

I am ready to punt this sorry two inch sob clear to heck with 987678987 metric tons of force. I wo u ld rather have had 98/77 conditions with flooding rains than this g-ddamned pixie dust nonsense with only 2 inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am ready to punt this sorry two inch sob clear to heck with 987678987 metric tons of force. I wo u ld rather have had 98/77 conditions with flooding rains than this g-ddamned pixie dust nonsense with only 2 inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Just had close to that for two weeks in the tropics, but a little cooler... was seriously awesome.

Street flooding was deeper than this snow, and they still went to work!

Light snow here continues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Jeb hang in there. I think you will get 4-5" out of this. Herndon under a great band right now. Coming your way...

dumping down here in RIC now. Short range models gives us the snow this time. Thank god You guys in dc have had enough this year our turn now

Because Richmond actually usually gets snow? Also, most places right around Baltimore and DC have been really screwed this year compared to their northwest suburbs. BWI's snow totals are ridiculously low when compared to places like Owings Mills and Westminster. Even the big storm was a bit of a disappointment in my location. Had about a foot or so and it compacted down to a few inches before the second part came through and gave us a couple more.

Looks like the heaviest band is quickly rotating through now. I'm sitting at about 2.5 inches, so I think getting to four might be tough. Congrats to those that get in the 6-8 range or even possibly more.

I'm about 5mi NW of clarksburg and it's mostly been light to moderate here. I wonder if your position on the SW side of the ridge is making the difference. 

perhaps.  my altitude (560') is not even as high as yours not that it matters on this event.  my most recent measurement as of 5 minutes ago is 5.4" .  it is beautiful and a good way to finish the season with.

Definitely agree with the poster that said that they aren't very impressed with the snow but very impressed with the cold. I expected a lot more snow/much heavier rates, but the cold has been as advertised, maybe even a bit colder than modeled. Temperatures plummeting through the day into the low teens and possibly single digits in early March is pretty cool to experience.

perhaps.  my altitude (560') is not even as high as yours not that it matters on this event.  my most recent measurement as of 5 minutes ago is 5.4" .  it is beautiful and a good way to finish the season with.

I just measured here and it's a little over 4"... maybe 4.2" ..It is really nice winter seen for sure. I love watching the birds hopping around in the snow under the feeder.

Archived