amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As modeled it does not show a foot in NYC.

Yeah, that's dubious. Not sure why folks get so defensive when a model changes for the worse... it is what it is. The 12z GFS depicts a moderate snowstorm for NYC and a nuisance event just a few miles north. I'd be completely out of the game were that solution to verify, but for the sake of the immediate metro, I would definitely not want this to set the stage for the Euro.

We are looking a series of low pressure waves along the arctic front hopefully delivering the goods. No one closed, bombing low.

Anyway, the 12Z run stays the course for a total heavy snowfall for NYC & vicinity.

If you blended the 6z/12z gfs runs we're still in the game and the general vicinity as you said still prime for a heavy snowfall

You've used this map alot this winter and you've really made some accurate calls with it and i once again agree with you. NYC points N/W and east still look prime for a major snowfall monday

Because actual precip is the hardest equation for the model to solve . Too many people take green blobs as gospel and don't look at the lift . Which is an indicator as to where air is rising   . 

I don`t think this shunts NNJ I don`t think this mixes in CNJ . I  think this a widespread 12 inch storm , and I  don't swing on every Op run Just my opinion .

Why is it going to "trend stronger". Do you have any model or meteorological support for this "prediction", because to me it sounds like pure speculation.

The strength of the PV is still fluctuating. There is no real concrete evidence of the PV trended more suppressive at this time hence that being pure speculation. These overrunning systems more often than not also have some sort of north jog as well as we get closer as well, too many people in here not big picture forecasting right now

The strength of the PV is still fluctuating. There is no real concrete evidence of the PV trended more suppressive at this time hence that being pure speculation. These overrunning systems more often than not also have some sort of north jog as well as we get closer as well, too many people in here not big picture forecasting right now

Suppression is still the least likely outcome for most of us as far as I'm concerned. I'd rate the odds at mixing cutting down on snow totals a good bit higher than that, at least near the city. I think I-90 and north have more to worry about on that end. The UKMET actually went north from last night, so if the Euro does the same I think the GFS just had a fluke run.

Phl bullseye...been quite the trend this winter for them.

No one in here should dare cry over split milk if we max out at 6-8 inches area wide. Folks that would have us at 64 inches for the year, 1 MECS away from all time record with several weeks to go and another potential storm by next FRi. S0 please lets be greatful & enjoy this obviously rare & rather magical ride. Obviously its 1 run & lets see how it plays out next 24 hours. The fun is the chase folks & thats where most of the learning takes place.

Suppression is still the least likely outcome for most of us as far as I'm concerned. I'd rate the odds at mixing cutting down on snow totals a good bit higher than that, at least near the city. I think I-90 and north have more to worry about on that end. The UKMET actually went north from last night, so if the Euro does the same I think the GFS just had a fluke run.

Overall, IMO too much panic right now and the fact that one of our most suppressed globals the GGEM came north should be comforting but the weenies are still going to be on the edge of tall buildings

People that are saying "stop worrying it still shows snow" aren't getting the big picture, it's all about trends, if it is beginning a trend to the south then we are in trouble. Let's see what the euro says , we can't afford anymore of a southward trend

Bingo. We are not 120 hours our anymore. A shift like that this close is alarming.

People that are saying "stop worrying it still shows snow" aren't getting the big picture, it's all about trends, if it is beginning a trend to the south then we are in trouble. Let's see what the euro says , we can't afford anymore of a southward trend

Exactly. You look at what's going on today at H5 and you see such a dramatic shift southward in one run and flags go up. It still shows significant snow for NYC proper so that's why a lot of people are not as concerned as they probably should be. I'm just concerned that the PV will go back to being more of a crushing influence on the southern stream and final outcome will be a narrow band of heavy snow that is focused near the Philly area.

Archived