joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4 Snowstorm Potential Part 2

REDMK6GLI

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS might come the ever so slightest tick north this run. The height fields a long the coast are just a tick higher as compared to the 06z run through hour 48. You can really see though how the PV begins pressing down at hour 42. People should not be worried about rain in this setup unless something changes dramatically.  

Forget snow amounts I cant wait to see the politics between the National Weather Service, Private Mets, the NYCOE and the de blasio administration if by Sunday it looks like to 6-10 inches with cold, cold temperatures and heavy snow for Monday morning.

My advice to any of the kiddies around here would be to do your homework for Monday.

The GFS might come the ever so slightest tick north this run. The height fields a long the coast are just a tick higher as compared to the 06z run through hour 48. You can really see though how the PV begins pressing down at hour 42. People should not be worried about rain in this setup unless something changes dramatically.  

they're actually flatter @ 51. look @ the strung out energy over the upper mid west compressing the flow.

I agree, I don't think rain is a problem for anyone north of maybe ACY.

I don't see the same thing. The heights will go down as the pv presses down on the flow. It looks like it will come south from 06z. It actually looks a little like the Nam which had the first warm wave and then a colder second wave of precipitation.

Archived