joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry 'bout that Wes.  I know the pain of Calvert in winter -- I grew up about four miles south of Dunkirk.  Every once in a while you win.  The Blizzard of 79 was incredible there.

Still some light snow with 0.75" new.  Temp stuck at 34.

I did great in 2009-2010 and 2000.  I expected to get screwed with round one but thought I had as good a chance as any for round 2.  It does look like the snow will pick up for a couple of but where WXman1 will end with maybe 4, I'll see 1 or 2 unless the precip lasts longer hear. 

This has been a very special, unique winter. It was very cold, and now I am over climo. I dont think I will ever forget last night. Wow, I got absolutely annihilated, murdered by yellow and orange bands that simply became semipermanent features for HOURS, dumping insane amounts of snow.

What an incredible storm.

I also got to experience snow falling at only 9 degrees in a refreshing, cool meteorological environment, with a nice northerly breeze back in January.

I REALLY REALLY do NOT want this winter to end. I don't feel like I am standing in northern Virginia.

This feels like I am in weathafella's back yard. Or Ginxy's back yard.

I hope that that deform redevelops right over Wes's region and dumps snow for hours. No one deserves massive snows more than he does. I also hope that the next system gives Wes a lot of unpredicted snow in his backyard.

I'm getting snow here in northern Calvert but the good echoes are north and south of me, I'm sort of in the void. Looks like it is starting to press east but it is gonna start moving faster....hoping for an inch, maybe two it I'm real lucky.

Wes, if you run the cod loop you can see a punch of dry air work in over Calvert and swirl. An unlucky feature. Should be in some good rates shortly. Have to see how it shakes out.

Does WMATA not have an Internet connection to follow the forecast?  

They send the buses back out into operation this afternoon and now this was predictable...

SERVICE ALERT: Metrobus service suspension for the remainder of the evening through 5 a.m. Friday

http://www.wmata.com/about_metro/news/PressReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=5663

Archived