joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you review radar this evening you will understand why....basically from Westminster and east where the heavy bands set up, moved north first, then rotated back southward and sort of hung up like a wall midway through Carroll County.

We never got under the 35dbz stuff you had, but we were under ~25dbz with occasional yellow and never had more than a few sleet/snow/drizzle blobs fall from the sky over the course of 3 hours.  It happens from time to time out here in the valley.

I spent the whole day plowing out my neighbors.  I measured 15.1" of snow on my board this morning at the changeover to sleet.  Sleet turned to rain and a light drizzle fell most of the afternoon.  Snow started pouring again and we have 6.5" on the board already.  21.6" way over performed.

Cumulative radar for the storm suggests we've got 3 inches liquid

at Reisterstown.  Given light to moderate to sometimes heavy snow from

7pm until 8 am and then again from 5:30 pm until now, no wonder we

are well over 20 inches for the storm.

Same here ( 22.5 " total here). Quite a wet system which models had obviously hinted at (except for the GFS). Even so, many areas over-performed precip wise.

MDstorm

34/27, SN finished for a fresh evening coat of 1.5"-2" on top of the 9" (severely compacted down throughout the day due to nonstop -FZRA) received early Thursday A.M. Just went and picked up my son from a friend's house only two miles away and the roads are treacherous to say the least...it was just me and the snow plows out there.

I guess I shouldn't complain, it was a great storm to follow in this forum for the past several days, and that's a pretty decent amount for southeastern FfxCo...but it sucks compared to what many got just 15-20 miles to our west and north.   :cry:

34/27, SN finished for a fresh evening coat of 1.5"-2" on top of the 9" (severely compacted down throughout the day due to nonstop -FZRA) received early Thursday A.M. I guess I shouldn't complain, it was a great storm to follow in this forum for the past several days, and that's a pretty decent amount for southeastern FfxCo...but it sucks compared to what many got just 15-20 miles to our west and north.   :cry:

too much rain, but still best we've had since 2010

Archived