CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not ready to punt winter...even if I get 1-2" tomorrow night.....It's too early...I suspect we'll have one more chance in DC for a 2-4"+ event after tomorrow....Probably 2/25 - 3/7 period....and then maybe 1 or 2 more  0.25"/0.5" events along the way....Last spring was the single nicest spring I can ever remember in my life....I dont think we will see a repeat...On our 1st 84 degree March day that CWG gives a 10/10, I'll be glad I didnt punt....

Couldn't agree more. The punting talk is depressing. We have 9 months for heat around here. Let's scrape some more winter till the first week of march at least. I'm not looking forward to the 9/10 they give next thursday

I'm not ready to punt winter...even if I get 1-2" tomorrow night.....It's too early...I suspect we'll have one more chance in DC for a 2-4"+ event after tomorrow....Probably 2/25 - 3/7 period....and then maybe 1 or 2 more 0.25"/0.5" events along the way....Last spring was the single nicest spring I can ever remember in my life....I dont think we will see a repeat...On our 1st 84 degree March day that CWG gives a 10/10, I'll be glad I didnt punt....

I agree we will have a few more threats but it's time for some flowers and stuff.

I agree we will have a few more threats but it's time for some flowers and stuff.

I agree there will be other threats but by March I'm ready for warmth and my fishing.  Plus usually, the weather is warm enough that I want to be outside the house instead.

I just had lightning.  Thundersnow.  It may be transformer,  I saw what looked like lightning a couple of times but heard no real thunder so now I think I was wrong.

Just took a Jebwalk here in B'more near the Johns Hopkins campus, snow was still coming down at a decent rate til a coupla mins ago, very wet stuff, 33 deg, so also had snow melting outta the trees dripping on us, estimate 4 inches or so since the switch over from rain around 6:30. Roof stopped leaking! Good times!

Crazy forecast swings with these convoluted 2 part setups.   This mornings model runs were 50 miles too far east over SNE with the Ull track. Seems like a lot of storms in this region other than 2/5/2010 have turned out to be 2 part events where the first coldfront dies out and a second warm sector  ULL swings offshore.

Last band just exited.  8" new.  Add to the 16" = 24" at N. Baltimore County - Chestnut Ridge.

That was AWESOME.  What a great over-performer.  Great job Euro.  GFS - not so much.  I want to thank everyone here.  All of the analysis, humor, the shtick of this Board, etc.  And most of all, I thought I was a snow geek, but I take great joy knowing that many of the frequent posters I always see here year after year finally scored since 2010.  Personally, you folks made me a local internet hero within my personal Facebook circles.  I am 98% accurate since Blizzard of 1996 because of this board and its predecessors.         

Now that the traffic will die down I will be donating a Franklin this weekend to help the Board reach its goal.  I owe it for all of the years of service.  This is a great forum.  Thank you everyone.

Adam

Last band just exited.  8" new.  Add to the 16" = 24" at N. Baltimore County - Chestnut Ridge.

That was AWESOME.  What a great over-performer.  Great job Euro.  GFS - not so much.  I want to thank everyone here.  All of the analysis, humor, the shtick of this Board, etc.  And most of all, I thought I was a snow geek, but I take great joy knowing that many of the frequent posters I always see here year after year finally scored since 2010.  Personally, you folks made me a local internet hero within my personal Facebook circles.  I am 98% accurate since Blizzard of 1996 because of this board and its predecessors.         

Now that the traffic will die down I will be donating a Franklin this weekend to help the Board reach its goal.  I owe it for all of the years of service.  This is a great forum.  Thank you everyone.

Adam

Great storm here!  North county had higher totals than just across the line in PA with the first part of the storm.  I finished with 16.  Norrisville Harford County had 19, North Carroll 19, and Frederick 19.  With the second batch that ULL just crushed us east of I-83..  I did not expect another 8 inches plus with thunder.  That band keeps back building and dumping impressive totals.  GREAT REGION WIDE STORM with many twists, turns, and surprises!  Power is flickering and now so hopefully that does not become a problem tonight.

Ok great thanks. How much do you have there now,1 buddy told me we have 5.0" but he is not the most reliable. Also still snowing there.

Winding down now.  I got about 4" tonight for 19" total, but we took a meltdown beating earlier.  The original 15"  compacted down pretty good, and the main roads were clear to pavement and curb to curb once we got above freezing.  It was a terrific storm, no doubt, but if you had been here for it, you'd have kicked yourself.  Considering all the snow that we got, other than when it was snowing (which was mostly at night), it didn't feel like the high impact event that a 19" storm should be.

Winding down now.  I got about 4" tonight for 19" total, but we took a meltdown beating earlier.  The original 15"  compacted down pretty good, and the main roads were clear to pavement and curb to curb once we got above freezing.  It was a terrific storm, no doubt, but if you had been here for it, you'd have kicked yourself.  Considering all the snow that we got, other than when it was snowing (which was mostly at night), it didn't feel like the high impact event that a 19" storm should be.

Ok thanks that makes me feel a lot better and echoes what my friends and brother have been telling me. But still to miss 21" no matter how it happens sucks. Oh well I got great family time on the beach today with my kids and had 4 smoothies so it was not a total disaster. Thank you so much for getting those pics it made me feel like I was back home looking at them.

Ok thanks that makes me feel a lot better and echoes what my friends and brother have been telling me. But still to miss 21" no matter how it happens sucks. Oh well I got great family time on the beach today with my kids and had 4 smoothies so it was not a total disaster. Thank you so much for getting those pics it made me feel like I was back home looking at them.

Can you travel more often  :snowing:

Archived