joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's terrible. You usually get that much from clippers.

This year yes.  Crazy season, you would think this is the mountain west or a great lake snow belt.  Couldn't buy snow for the last two years.  Some images from this new found tundra 35 miles due north of the Baltimore Harbor, 

post-1187-0-85556600-1392345343_thumb.jp

post-1187-0-33263400-1392345372_thumb.jp

What is your temp?

Prob 33 or so. Dropped to freezing as it snowed I assume tho dripping never stopped.

It definitely looks like Jan 2011 this eve out there. Nasty slop at this pt. It changed so fast from the powder of early am.

Good to hear. I saw Matt's report earlier of a 1/2" and wasn't sure if that was a final or not.

DC proper definitely got the short-end of the stick with this back end event.  I have *maybe* 1 inch of slop.

Oh well, got to wake up to 11" IMBY this morning, and got to FINALLY go sledding with my 5 and 3 year old kids.  I'll take it.

Yeah.. got about 1" here from the backend from 3+ hrs of good snow. Everything is melting again now that it stopped.

Yeah...0.5" here from the ULL....and there was some legitimate +SN in there....Just too warm down here in UHI disaster zone....it stuck everywhere including main roads but was the wettest, slushiest snow ever....I bet I had 3:1 ratios....it was honestly like pouring a partially melted slurpee all over the place....still a nice treat and a stats padder

Prob 33 or so. Dropped to freezing as it snowed I assume tho dripping never stopped.

It definitely looks like Jan 2011 this eve out there. Nasty slop at this pt. It changed so fast from the powder of early am.

Hmmm…I'm at 33 as well.  Based on reports, seems like the winners had both the benefit of the banding and high elevation.  People practically around the corner from me are reporting a few inches more than me.  But I'm at lower elevation.  

Hope we can drop below freezing soon and stop the dripping.  1z RAP gets us all into the 20s by 9-10z.  

Yeah...0.5" here from the ULL....and there was some legitimate +SN in there....Just too warm down here in UHI disaster zone....it stuck everywhere including main roads but was the wettest, slushiest snow ever....I bet I had 3:1 ratios....it was honestly like pouring a partially melted slurpee all over the place....still a nice treat and a stats padder

I think most of us who know how it works around here weren't expecting much. It reached my higher end expectations IMBY at least. Good storm.. Hopefully we can punt winter soon. ;)

I suspect I beat you as it looks deeper just eyeballing but it's another case of go north my friend.  All snowstorms end up in with Mapgirl. 

I think most of us who know how it works around here weren't expecting much. It reached my higher end expectations IMBY at least. Good storm.. Hopefully we can punt winter soon. ;)

Ian, after tomorrow I'm officially punting winter unless I have to write a CWG piece and I only plan on doing that for a legit snow threat.  Golfing and fishing beckon.  

Did you hear any thunder?  I'm 8 miles east of 83 and it was a wild grand finally here with a couple claps of thunder. Still ripping.

Can't say that I did.

Well goddamn.  It's like I live in FLA compared to some

I told Ian earlier today I wanted to hit 20", so I'm happy. It can stop now.

Ian, after tomorrow I'm officially punting winter unless I have to write a CWG piece and I only plan on doing that for a legit snow threat.  Golfing and fishing beckon.  

As noted prior, I always love when you go fishing. Not because you're gone of course. ;) 

Solid winter.. so not much to complain about until the next snow drought at least.

Archived