joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 12-13 Finale Observations Part 3

Amped

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As noted prior, I always love when you go fishing. Not because you're gone of course. ;)

Solid winter.. so not much to complain about until the next snow drought at least.

For me it's been solid.  I'd like to see a few more inches from the clipper to get to 20".  I do think I'm due an eastern and southern biggy one of these years.  Haven't been the jackpot for a big event since 2000...I did do well in 2009-2010 but still was dwarfed by north and west.

Hmmm…I'm at 33 as well.  Based on reports, seems like the winners had both the benefit of the banding and high elevation.  People practically around the corner from me are reporting a few inches more than me.  But I'm at lower elevation.  

Hope we can drop below freezing soon and stop the dripping.  1z RAP gets us all into the 20s by 9-10z.  

I have  5.6" here and if i remember correctly, you cant be more then 5 miles up the road from me...

Mapgirl has a good season to train the little one the ways of the weenie. Err...you know what I mean.  Hope she loves the snow.

The little one loves the snow, tho didn't take her out in it today, would have been at least waist high on her. Maybe in a few days when it compacts some lol

His first storm chase might end up his best. Your first winter there... Probably not since you are in a good spot but you've have a hell of a winter either way.

Ahhh, ok, sorry I didn't quite get what you were saying.

Yeah, can't complain almost 60" for the season now. Been a good winter.

The little one loves the snow, tho didn't take her out in it today, would have been at least waist high on her. Maybe in a few days when it compacts some lol

The walk I took with Abigail after shoveling was fun. She only cared about rolling in the snow and making snow angels which was a little difficult with the cement snow. She had fun and that all that mattered

I'm not ready to punt winter...even if I get 1-2" tomorrow night.....It's too early...I suspect we'll have one more chance in DC for a 2-4"+ event after tomorrow....Probably 2/25 - 3/7 period....and then maybe 1 or 2 more  0.25"/0.5" events along the way....Last spring was the single nicest spring I can ever remember in my life....I dont think we will see a repeat...On our 1st 84 degree March day that CWG gives a 10/10, I'll be glad I didnt punt....

1" from the ULL.  Didn't matter the rates as temps never went below 32

Same here.  Funny how it went from a Shenandoah Valley event this AM (the ULL) to east of I-95 this afternoon.  I must say that while I shouldn't be, I am disappointed.  14" overnight, rose above 32 at about 10am, and haven't gone back below since - got about 1" from the ULL also with briefly heavy snow at about 5pm but my 15" total has now compacted to about 8" thanks to fairly steady rain/sleet between 10am and 5pm.

Oh, and it's still 35 degrees here.

One of the rare cases where areas to the east are doing significantly better than Loudoun.

Archived