Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RGEM is way west too.  Kind of a big fail by the models in tight it appears.  

Runs the low up over central/eastern LI and then across to about Portland.  Most of the heavy stuff for round 2 is west like the NAM.

By 0z has the warmth into SE VT, NH etc.

I'm just praying the SREF's have a clue... at a 24 hour forecast I'd hope these meso-scale models are honing in.

There's a reason I always say our best track is right into Boston Harbor or in the vicinity of the Bay there.

f24.gif

I'm just praying the SREF's have a clue... at a 24 hour forecast I'd hope these meso-scale models are honing in.

There's a reason I always say our best track is right into Boston Harbor or in the vicinity of the Bay there.

I'm pulling for you NW NE guys. I'll be in Pittsburg,NH for this one.

GFS is following the westward push here at 12z...def the big backlash looks to be from about ALB up to NE Adirondacks and over to VT.

I'd only expect an inch or two on the back end in SNE except maybe a bit more out in GC...Mitch's area out near NY border might catch a piece of the really good stuff.

GFS is following the westward push here at 12z...def the big backlash looks to be from about ALB up to NE Adirondacks and over to VT.

I'd only expect an inch or two on the back end in SNE except maybe a bit more out in GC...Mitch's area out near NY border might catch a piece of the really good stuff.

Yeah, definitely wagons west with this. Maybe I can get 4-6" on the backside, but the best of it looks like it could be near ALB. 700 mb lows look like they go over or just west of Springfield, MA or so. Ideally, I need the H7 low to go over Tolland, CT or so to really get crushed here. Enjoy the front end, it should rock!

Nothing big...probably some light accumulations...maybe an inch overnight? 2 if really lucky?

The good stuff is out west.

The HRRR has it come right over SNE and also has only 2 hours of rain at the end before the dryslot.  Do Mets usually not go with the HRRR over the NAM and GFS at this point?  

Yeah, definitely wagons west with this. Maybe I can get 4-6" on the backside, but the best of it looks like it could be near ALB. 700 mb lows look like they go over or just west of Springfield, MA or so. Ideally, I need the H7 low to go over Tolland, CT or so to really get crushed here. Enjoy the front end, it should rock!

I think you'll do pretty well on the backside being on the west slope...the NW flow should enhance it too for you guys, what do you think?...either way, I think this storm has some fun for a lot of the region (save far SE areas) but not necessarily all in the same portions of the storm.

GFS has the low between ORH and BOS now, wow. They are singing from every chairlift in Vermont right now. Also great to see the ALB crowd get in on it.

Yeah it's been quite a while since ALB has gotten in on any type of pivoting band (or had a storm drop more than 14" for that matter) so hopefully tonight will be fun from here up your way.

Wow is gfs west later this eve ...over e Long Island ...BL is gonna torch further west i think by mid pm

Sometimes I wonder if the flights they make into these storms actually makes things worse.  This is one of the bigger fumbles short term on track I can remember.

Significant for ski areas.  This is exactly what they could dream of heading into vacation weeks.  Really good news.

7-10 split here with the best snows on the GFS. Congrats BTV. Crushed.

Powderfreak is still worried because the Korean model shows the deformation over NH....might have to check the 15z NMM too before going gung ho.

In all seriousness...the Euro was the leader on this.

Archived