Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That coastal front likes to set up from RKD through Isle of Shoals and down through BOS. I think our biggest concern is WAA aloft though.

Does the ice potential look to increase from what the ice forecast map showed this morning? Looked like it was 0.22" at Brunswick. If the low level cold is tough to scour, maybe we will sleet, freeze rain for a while tonight.

Does the ice potential look to increase from what the ice forecast map showed this morning? Looked like it was 0.22" at Brunswick. If the low level cold is tough to scour, maybe we will sleet, freeze rain for a while tonight.

It's pretty hard to get significant icing from this type of storm, so I wouldn't say it's higher potential than what the map showed earlier. Probably a more sleet/FZDZ mess.

1.50"+ QPF for most of NH, most of MA, and the S 2/3 of ME. 1.00" up to St. Albans. Mike...you get a little over 0.50" QPF between 18-00z.

I'm still all snow at hr 12 according to temps aloft. Double digits here I come.

Amazing part is look how far west EURO drives mid levels... some of the furthest west tracks I've seen. Not a prayer in hell of backlash on the european.

Looking out my windows says the MA/VT border is doing well in round 1. lol

LOL--true that.  Ripping.  Measured 3" a ilttle while ago.  Heading out now to pick up my daughter's friend.  Wheeeeeee

1.50"+ QPF for most of NH, most of MA, and the S 2/3 of ME. 1.00" up to St. Albans. Mike...you get a little over 0.50" QPF between 18-00z.

1.5?  Wow--liekly 90% snow here, I'd imagine. 

.5 in two hours????  Yikes!!

21.2/20 in Shelburne

Archived