Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technical: weather balloon launch from Chatham, MA @6am reveals colder/drier air aloft, delaying changeover 2 rain.

EDIT: LAST IMAGE WAS INCORRECT

http://ow.ly/i/4ApHr/original

Heavy stuff moving in here, still rain and 33.4 and rising.  I'm actually surprised.  If this doesn't flip back for at least a coating this will be one of the worst "front end" busts I can remember here.  Even the NAM has the kinks at 8h that indicate it's trying to cool the column, but I'm not sure if the first few hundred feet are so shot already it doesn't matter.

I'm speaking of east of the CF, but particularly RIGHT on the coast. I could see it snowing a few miles back from the water up north between here and Boston even if it doesn't "dynamically cool"   It could even snow at say Otis and still be raining up through parts of coastal PYM right on the water like it does from time to time.

NAM is way west with the mid-level stuff later on...proba only an inch or so for most of SNE on the back end...maybe 4-6" for GC...but the real meat is out west from Taconics to ALB and up into VT...should be interesting to track later on regardless.

OTOH, the front ender on the NAM is some incredible stuff. It has support too from the Euro. The next 6-8 hours could be pretty wild over SNE.

I think your pretty safe here, You look to jackpot on this one, And the berks and albany

It's all about that band as we won't get more than 1-3" with the WAA precip on the front end.

After all the worry up here of it going east, I woke up last night in a nightmare that the best banding set up NW of where it was progged (as happens sometimes in these) and we ended up watching Sherbrooke to Montreal to SLK get bombed haha.

I will say regardless of what happens, being included in the chase of this one has been fun aside from the DEC/JAN storms when we never really had a shot at anything other than smokin' cirrus. The chase is always fun.

Heavy stuff moving in here, still rain and 33.4 and rising.  I'm actually surprised.  If this doesn't flip back for at least a coating this will be one of the worst "front end" busts I can remember here.  Even the NAM has the kinks at 8h that indicate it's trying to cool the column, but I'm not sure if the first few hundred feet are so shot already it doesn't matter.

I'm speaking of east of the CF, but particularly RIGHT on the coast. I could see it snowing a few miles back from the water up north between here and Boston even if it doesn't "dynamically cool"   It could even snow at say Otis and still be raining up through parts of coastal PYM right on the water like it does from time to time.

Snowing hard at my house 1.5 miles from Duxbury bay.

Archived