Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro had over 0.80" in 6 hours tomorrow afternoon for BOS and surrounding area....that type of qpf along with the omega it was producing was really impressive. Hopefully it doesn't bust on an 18 hour forecast.

I thought BOS was supposed to be hit by a Big initial burst of snow? Maybe I'm mixing things up.

Models have been a disaster with this system. Euro nearly 1" qpf snow for BOS on WAA/frontogenesis, big change from 12z and a sub-24hr forecast. Heaviest 18z-21z.

Not a single forecast, Harv, NWS, etc. has anything close to that.

End of the run, but 4z HRRR agrees with a crushing thru CT up I84 into MA and east.

My thinking is 3-6 more from about Ct/RI border west tonight and 2-4 for you guys.

Puke bug hit my house overnight. Not me..but daughter since 2:30. 103.6 fever too

HRR /RAp are going ballistic this morning. Did you see them?

I'd be shocked if you got that. Nothing supports that at the moment. Man good luck with the kids. Yeesh.

Nice euro trend for mby. Thinking 6-10" through about midnight from part 1 and then the wildcard is part 2. 6Z NAM went west with it again and crushed VT. Euro seemed to place the axis from PSF-LEB-1V4. The GFS crushes the CT river valley too. 50miles either way and we either rock or flop. The GYX 10-14" looks pretty good.

Nice euro trend for mby. Thinking 6-10" through about midnight from part 1 and then the wildcard is part 2. 6Z NAM went west with it again and crushed VT. Euro seemed to place the axis from PSF-LEB-1V4. The GFS crushes the CT river valley too. 50miles either way and we either rock or flop. The GYX 10-14" looks pretty good.

maybe we are doing better on the front end than thought yesterday?  nice to see you more optimistic given t the gyx discussion.   It is coming in earlier though than thought yesterday.

If vv's are as impressive as modeled..any warm air is quickly wiped out and it just snows to beat the band. Still evolving

Not if it wraps around warmer and drier air like it does. You need it more east for 4-6.

Don't agree. As long as the ULL goes south of LI as modeled.it will snow. Always does

I'm not sure its more about the warm air... more the placement of the mid levels and track... Models this AM like further west, rain or snow.

Kev, GFS gridded data gives IJD. 58 qpf in 3 hrs at 0 850 and temps 28, if true that's an additional 3-6 around midnight

That 0.58" falls in the time leading up to the 0C 850 temps....so most of it is something other than snow there as its well above 0C in the time before that. That's part of the problem Scott was alluding to. They prob pick up a couple inches after it actually flips

Archived