joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some interesting observations  downstream upstream.

Danbury/Naugatuck WX@danburyweather26 mins

2hr NAM vs. 9pm obs: 2m temp was very good, however 850s analyzed at 2-4C colder than the NAM forecast across SE VA/NE NC.

Fixed that for you.

Any sense of how the 18z GFS or 00z EC lined up to current conditions?  Just trying to read the tea leaves.

to my untrained eyes the RGEM is a tad cooler, makes a big difference for me I think so watching closely.

Its all about that BL temps from 8-5 tommorrow, coastal wx last nite was saying how wind direction is a big key wrt bos area and it prob goes the same for you out to past 128.

I havent heard anything wrt wind direction forecast tendencys for e/ne mass cp wrt when or if winds go from East to north east

30/22 GON

4/-2 ORE

RGEM verbatim is probably about 6-7" at BOS and more like 10" for the 128 corridor to the northwest and 10-12 out to ORH with some 12"+ lollis in the Berkshires and SW Monadnocks/extreme N ORH hills as they get a better piece of the backlash stuff. Looks like a solid swath of about 6-8" for most of CT into the northern half of RI.

RGEM verbatim is probably about 6-7" at BOS and more like 10" for the 128 corridor to the northwest and 10-12 out to ORH with some 12"+ lollis in the Berkshires and SW Monadnocks/extreme N ORH hills as they get a better piece of the backlash stuff. Looks like a solid swath of about 6-8" for most of CT into the northern half of RI.

What about NH?

GFS looks fooked up with the front end stuff. It slides it ENE. That's what I was hoping not to happen. I think it's a little bogus.

And it rips central areas with the CCB.

I can;t buy that model right now. I def don't buy it with the front end stuff.

GFS looks fooked up with the front end stuff. It slides it ENE. That's what I was hoping not to happen. I think it's a little bogus.

The euro hinted at that a bit though. It seemed to keep the best stuff toward Boston with front thump. Obviously not to extent of new gfs but something to watch.

Archived