Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see hourly?

No, 3 hourly, but its enough to tell...27 hours the snow line is from N ORH county to about eastern litchfieldcounty line....by 30 hours it is just barely to IJD. So most of the big precip that falls between 27-30 hours is something other than snow.

where is it and where headed?  did you break out snow before radar showed it?   That is what happened here and that is quite unusual.  under the radar snow is usually late in a storm with lingering moisture.  quite interested to see what happens when we get actually returns over us.  Mets, why would radar not pick up this kind of waa snow?

where is it and where headed? did you break out snow before radar showed it? That is what happened here and that is quite unusual. under the radar snow is usually late in a storm with lingering moisture. quite interested to see what happens when we get actually returns over us. Mets, why would radar not pick up this kind of waa snow?

like some shrimp cocktail before the mignon you savior the whole experience. Holy crap is that a thumidty dumpiity incoming

Per BOX's AFD:

TOTAL SNOW ACCUM OF AROUND A FOOT EXPECTED ALONG AND WEST OF BDL- ORH-MHT WITH UP TO 18" POSSIBLE IN THE BERKSHIRES DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE DEFORMATION BAND. LESSER AMOUNTS FURTHER E DUE TO CHANGEOVER. ALSO...ICE ACCUM UP TO 0.25" POSSIBLE ACROSS NE CT...NW RI AND CENTRAL MA.

Does that read a little too conservative? 

BOX ambitious for Greenfield area.

• Today Snow. High near 26. North wind 5 to 10 mph increasing to 12 to 17 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow and sleet, becoming all snow after 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 25. North wind 14 to 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
  • Friday A chance of snow, mainly before 9am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Per BOX's AFD:

TOTAL SNOW ACCUM OF AROUND A FOOT EXPECTED ALONG AND WEST OF BDL- ORH-MHT WITH UP TO 18" POSSIBLE IN THE BERKSHIRES DEPENDING ON THE LOCATION OF THE DEFORMATION BAND. LESSER AMOUNTS FURTHER E DUE TO CHANGEOVER. ALSO...ICE ACCUM UP TO 0.25" POSSIBLE ACROSS NE CT...NW RI AND CENTRAL MA.

Eh, I guess you could could potentially consider 10-15" 'around' a foot though, couldn't you? Good luck mike, You are in one of the best spots to be.

I think you probably see 12-15"

Per BOX's AFD:

Accums around a foot with lollis to 18" does not read too conservative to me.

Per BOX's AFD:

Well you are more in that 18" range they mention.   I think when they say a foot people get the message and if some places tickle 14-15"  it's not a big deal relative to the forecast.

Accums around a foot with lollis to 18" does not read too conservative to me.

I guess I'm thinking closer to the line they're drawing.  E.g., I would think HubbDave could easily be scoring in the 14-15" range.  Whiteminster similar or better.  I guess when I hear "around a foot", I'm thinking there would be many scoring less than a foot.  Along and west of that line, I'd think the floor would be higher.

Weenie goggles, I guess.

16./14

Archived