• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
Thursday & Thursday Night Winter Storm Discussion

CT Rain

interestingly they didn't delete your troll post about and 12/9/05. I was discussing evolution based on one model run and upper air similarities. Mets complain about reading comprehension and posts get deleted yet... Story is not done yet, another now cast. Should bbe an interesting evolution hopefully better forecast than the LI NYC SWCT stuff from this morning

Going to respond in banter thread and quote

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not only interior Maine getting crushed right now. I just had one of the worst commutes home I have ever experienced. And my route was nearly all coastal. I-95 & I-295, RT. 1. Took 3 hours to go from Portland to the south end of Bath. Normally a 50 minute commute. Visibility at times was ~50 feet with 3+" an hour snowfall. It's still ripping out there. Winds gusting to 30 mph. 26°F

huge congrats right there

23z RAP and 22z HRRR very similar in handling things. Not bad for some holding out hope for an inch or two in the east and a little more west.

Can you quantify "a little more west"?

I'll be interested to see if you stay snow or flip over. I'm really hoping that Mount Snow is able to stay all snow and they don't get some ugly glaze of ZR in the middle of the pack. 

They should be fine and get rocked.  No ZR here yet--just needles at the moment. 

I thought that was it s of RI?

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_jet:&runTime=2014021322&plotName=vort_t3500&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

However, if this low rapidly develops, it can act to pull things a little more east which would ticle you with the SW side of that. It's a close call...I would not totally rule out a mesoscale band of 2-4 there,.but that would be extremely localized if it even did happen.

just saw the HRRR holy****  if that were to happen alot of surprises for some

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/displayMapLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?keys=hrrr_jet:&runtime=2014021322&plot_type=acsnw_sfc&fcst=15&time_inc=60&num_times=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&domain=full&adtfn=1

[/q

That is a major shift eastward for the heavier access for us from the 21Z run. I think that run had 2-3". But you have to remember that some of that is going to be sleet

That is a major shift eastward for the heavier access for us from the 21Z run. I think that run had 2-3". But you have to remember that some of that is going to be sleet

http://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/HRRR/jsloopLocalDiskDateDomainZip.cgi?dsKeys=hrrr_jet:&runTime=2014021322&plotName=vort_t3500&fcstInc=60&numFcsts=16&model=hrrr&ptitle=HRRR%20Model%20Fields%20-%20Experimental&maxFcstLen=15&fcstStrLen=-1&resizePlot=1&domain=t3

However, if this low rapidly develops, it can act to pull things a little more east which would ticle you with the SW side of that. It's a close call...I would not totally rule out a mesoscale band of 2-4 there,.but that would be extremely localized if it even did happen.

Scott--do you think the HRRR is on crack with that depiction/placement?

just set my alarm for 130 hoping to weenie out for a bit tonight looking at the nam when it comes out the going to bed  :lmao:

I'm hoping that thunder serves as my alarm clock.

Must be the kicker.  :)

Guys just keep in mind how much the models shifted this morning inside of 12 hours. Normally this is set in stone at this range but maybe not

Yup. Which is easier to determine the landing point, a softball tossed 5 ft in the air, or a NASCAR car hitting the wall and flying sideways across the track at 200mph?

Archived