• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 12-13 Storm, Part III: Trilogy ends and then Obs thread soon!

stormtracker

But what about the weather balloons? IIRC they run at 0&12z. Don't know whether that gets in in time for the 0&12z runs though.

I wasn't saying the obs network is useless or anything. Obviously we want those balloons. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope don't have any verification scores but since the RGEM got upgraded it has done much better this winter than the NAM. If you can't take that as proof then I am SOL.

I think you mean you're SQL. ;)

The parallel NAM which will be implemented in May or June has been consistently showing a

warmer solution with a risk of mixing along the I-95 corridor, so other guidance this morning

showing something similar may be a legitimate concern.

Who do you work for? Seem like you are in the know...

Well, it's pretty obvious what we need. I have a hunch the GFS steps into the close off in west TN and holds the ball. But I'm not confident that solution is a lock either. Big storms are tough as nails to pull off. We know what we need. Euro and ens members are hell bent on an amped up/closed off solution so far. It's going to be a long 2 hours. 

Verbatim, the GFS is March 6th at my house.  4" overnight, followed by non-accumulating junk during the day, and a bunch of melting.  If the Euro is our ceiling, let's hope this is our floor.

Well, the RGEM has the r/s line up to DC at 48, so maybe the GFS is on to something, but still lacking in precip?

Archived