• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 12-13 Storm, Part III: Trilogy ends and then Obs thread soon!

stormtracker

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is still a disaster but its getting better

Something is wrong with you.   I understand you're a QPF Queen, but we're an inch in a mostly if not all snow situation.  3 days ago, you would have been jumping for joy.   At some point, you have to be realistic.    I'd be happy with 10 to 12 inches of snow.   I realize you live in the neo-arctic, but even you should be satisfied. 

The 925mb warm nose makes it 30-40 mi southeast of DC, but it may be warmer at 900mb or 950mb.....I'd much rather have column issues down there than an inversion layer up high...

925/950 get to around 0 (but stay on neg side... like -0.1) at DCA early Thurs morning... but otherwise all good to go

Yeah, it's near freezing in the low levels, but it looks fine.  All snow on the NAM for the cities.  

yea..its not closing the upper level low like the euro and is phasing later. Not a good run for a HECS

If your expectation is HECS< you'll be let down a lot. If I get a quick double digit storm, awesome. I'm planning an all nighter. 

With that, I like the Bullzeye to my east at this time!

If your expectation is HECS< you'll be let down a lot. If I get a quick double digit storm, awesome. I'm planning an all nighter. 

With that, I like the Bullzeye to my east at this time!

my expectation is the foreign models like the Euro will not bust 36 hours before a storm. lets see what Euro says today before we crown the NAM a great run

Mixed guidance there. GGEM, Euro, and I think UKMET do close 500. 6z RGEM is just about to do it @ 1am thurs. This is an important piece of the puzzle for a sick deform band. 

that's really the two paths -- the NAM/GFS which flirt with an earlier phase (remaining progressive, although the 12z nam is a better vort pass/tilt than previous runs) and never get a closed ull -- and the Euro/GGEM/UKMET -- something may change with the 12z globals but I'm confident it will have little to do with "better sampling"

Archived