joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At least in NC, the RAP is struggling to resolve the low level dry air.

This is the RAP forecast dew points valid 7am. Teen dewpoints are already into NW SC. And are in the 10-12 range in the piedmont of NC.

Is it possible it's also having issues with dryer air in the atmosphere which would cause higher dewpoint depressions and less mixing? Or am I reaching here?

7am wet bulb temps

RDU dew point is 10.

This is good because historically when we get at least dew points in the teens we ussually get a good winter storm. It's bad because that precip is going to be eat up by the dry air for a longer time. I think it's going to drive many north NC people crazy today seeing the radar return stagnate while saturation occurs.

Great to hear! I should be right behind. Hard to distinguish snow and sleet right now. 50/50 snow sleet!

Thanks everyone :D Finally got something for all the waiting.

You will know because the flakes here are HUGE. I'm not kidding when I say I think they are the biggest I've ever seen. These are the flakes you hear other people talk about but never experience. Would be a lot better though if there wasn't a hurricane going on out there. Man..whether it's snow or sleet, it's stinging like hell.

Thanks everyone :D Finally got something for all the waiting.

You will know because the flakes here are HUGE. I'm not kidding when I say I think they are the biggest I've ever seen. These are the flakes you hear other people talk about but never experience. Would be a lot better though if there wasn't a hurricane going on out there. Man..whether it's snow or sleet, it's stinging like hell.

Awesome!!  I guess we can say we the NAM was the best model?  LMBO  J/K

Archived