joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And it's done. Almost dry here except a few random snowflakes falling. Ended up with barely .15 of ice with around .5-1 inch of sleet depending on where you measure. I honestly thought I'd get wayyyy more ice. #thankyouweather

Its definately not done... you are in a temporary lull... you should pick up just as much from round 2 as the dynamics kick in. 

And it's done. Almost dry here except a few random snowflakes falling. Ended up with barely .15 of ice with around .5-1 inch of sleet depending on where you measure. I honestly thought I'd get wayyyy more ice. #thankyouweather

You really think this storm is over for you?  ok....

My Bradford Pear tree will not make it threw today   :(

glad to see you still posting, i was afraid your power was out.  sadly probably not.  the bradfords were some of the first to break during the last big ice storm here.  apparently they do not stand up to snow, ice or even thunderstorms :(

Those in GA. Just talked to Robert he said the lull is due to the convection robbing moisture. Big wild card in this. 

Yeah this will be interesting.  Right now we haven't got what they predicted we would have by this point.  And if we've gotten 50% of what our final total will be, it'll def be a bust for my area.  It really all comes down to how much moisture makes it in here from what's left to go.

Light zr and 28. Sleet has stopped for the time being.

Trees beginning to groan a bit.  Enough with the GD sleet.  Bring the ZR :ee:

Where are you located in Loganville?  I am on N. 81 about 3 miles out of the city.  I am 2 degrees lower than you and we do not seem to have as much ice just sleet. 

Well it is currently effecting folks in NW GA....but yea this would take a big toll on totals for the foothills if it doesn't backfill like models are showing. 

'

Yup it is.  Right now we're not getting precip at anywhere near the rate that was forecast for this time period, or even close to the rate we got in that little storm yesterday morning.  Hopefully it will change, because right now, the Jan 28th storm was better than this one. ;p

On the bright side if it's a bust the kids might get back into school sooner.

Where are you located in Loganville?  I am on N. 81 about 3 miles out of the city.  I am 2 degrees lower than you and we do not seem to have as much ice just sleet. 

Just off 78 4 miles east of the city. 

Walked outside to make sure the pool pump was running, and observed only light zr 20 minutes or so ago.  Has been primarily sleet for most of the night though. 

Archived