• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Big One - Observation

JoshM

pretty much all snow :D Just a little sleet left. Huge flakes. It sure looked  bleak earlier in the night so I'm pretty happy right now. Now if I can hold on to for just a few hours...it's all I need to get some great accumulation. Especially since their is a sheet of ice on the ground thanks to my one inch or so of sleet and freezing rain

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pretty much all snow :D Just a little sleet left. Huge flakes. It sure looked  bleak earlier in the night so I'm pretty happy right now. Now if I can hold on to for just a few hours...it's all I need to get some great accumulation. Especially since their is a sheet of ice on the ground thanks to my one inch or so of sleet and freezing rain

Awesome dude! Congrats. Hope it stay around for awhile for you. 

:thumbsup: sweet!! 

delta - looks like you are at, or just on the brink, of some zr there. good call that you thought youd be close to 32

pretty much all snow :D Just a little sleet left. Huge flakes. It sure looked bleak earlier in the night so I'm pretty happy right now. Now if I can hold on to for just a few hours...it's all I need to get some great accumulation. Especially since their is a sheet of ice on the ground thanks to my one inch or so of sleet and freezing rain

Great to hear! I should be right behind. Hard to distinguish snow and sleet right now. 50/50 snow sleet!

Snow is finally mixing with the sleet in earnest it looks like after hours of very heavy sleet

Wow the winds are INSANE. just had a 40mph gust. Would be damn near blizzard like if it changes over and probably already is for some

Wow,  I am glad to hear you have some snow.  I am hoping it will change over to snow here.  I love watching it come down,  You are right though with these winds it would look like a blizzard.

Good morning se crew!   :hug:   The wind is howling, sleet/rain has been pelting the windows since 1ish and while I haven't went outside and measured yet........there has to be close to .25 in ice on my trees and it is pouring   ;)

Good morning Queen Mod Michelle! Good luck today and may you stay powered up and warm!

Steady snow back on here still working on a new half inch! Driveway iced over and winds are crazy.

Snow picking back up here now. 29 deg and falling

has it been snowing at your house? I got up at 3:00 and light snow here in easley but then it stopped. Per Rader, it receeded back towards clemson. Despite the strong returns coming right at me, the snow has literally ended b/w here and clemson for four hours! How is that even possible?

Finally switched over to all snow now here in Fannin County GA. It's only been going for about 20 or 30 minutes and everything is already whitening up nicely, including the roads.

I wasn't expecting to have anything but snow this far north based on the forecast last night, but for some reason our temps were up around 34 when it started, and it seemed to take forever to switch.

I'm thinking (hoping) we'll stay snow for the rest of the day now that we've switched.  

has it been snowing at your house? I got up at 3:00 and light snow here in easley but then it stopped. Per Rader, it receeded back towards clemson. Despite the strong returns coming right at me, the snow has literally ended b/w here and clemson for four hours! How is that even possible?

Yes it started around 3:30 rather steady, got a solid dusting, everything white again. Then had a lull for an hour and just started back again. Still waiting on the fat bottom girls to start falling so we can get accumulations fast!

Finally, after 4 hours of virga watching... we have moderate snow falling.   The flakes are really tiny, but very numerous, with reduced visibliity, I’m assuming this is due to the wind being so strong?

If you check the radar, it looks like back edge is already around Huntsville, just showers after that. Most of heavy precipitation is well south. I don't see any we approach QPF or totals with the radar setup.

Archived