wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Spring 2014 Med/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The medium/long range Euro is looking a better than it did a few days ago.  It has backed off on the cold some and is trying to bring the edge of the western warm dome into at least the w/sw portion of the region.  A few days ago it looked like we may not hit 50 again until mid month, but now the Euro has mid 50s Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, with 50s and 60s moving back in by day eight.

0z GFS showing temps close to 70 for next Thursday. I'm not sure how realistic that is, but I still like seeing it being modeled.

Big question that day will be the timing of a cold front likely to pass through the area. Certainly will be a warm start to the day. The 00z Euro would favor 60s all the way to the lakefront by mid day then 30s by evening near the lake as winds turn onshore.

It is april... Give this nonsense a rest.

+1.

It's spring and it's pretty seasonable looking for the near term at least.

---

I haven't see a patch of snow like that above for at least 10 days!

cold reloading, here we go again…seriously, punt summer

Take a gander at Spring and Summer 1919, if this year pans out like that then I'll be more than fine with the "cold" until mid-May...where after that with the month of June it was my username and then some. I'll take near record cold for another month and a half if I can have a repeat of 1919...

Day 7 is starting to look interesting. Some times the models show a post frontal snow that ends up being all before the front clears. Meaning rain.

We are definitely running out of cold air.

On March 13 the snow machine shut down for this area.  Flint needed just 1.1" from March 13 but has only got 0.8".   Now only 0.3" needed and they just will not get it for the record.  :lmao: 

Archived