Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Spring 2014 Med/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like fairly decent agreement to me. We need some above normal nights to get soil temps up so the 'shrooms will pop around here by the end of the month.

Looking forward to getting some morels this year up north. It will be the first time I go picking.

Good luck, this past weeks rain should really help conditions in north central lower MI anyway.

Yeah our cabin is between Grayling and Alpena I am hoping the snow can melt up there by Mother's day weekend otherwise might have to put off going up there until Memorial Day weekend.

Yeah our cabin is between Grayling and Alpena I am hoping the snow can melt up there by Mother's day weekend otherwise might have to put off going up there until Memorial Day weekend.

I started finding them the 3rd week of May last year.  I would drive down dirt roads until I saw the golden heads of them sticking up.

I ate them for a couple weeks almost daily.  When I lived in Indiana, I'd buy them for 30-40 dollars a lb..

As of now, nothing green has even sprouted.  Where the snow is gone it's still matted and brown.... maybe an inch or so has thawed.

The Euro had been looking very promising with an extended period of mild weather(60s & 70s as far as it could see), but the last couple runs it has gone down the toilet.  The 00z has 60s through Monday, but then all the warmth gets squashed south and southwest through day ten.  It all starts with a now more robust midweek cold plunge into the lakes region.  I sure hope the model is overdoing it.

The latest Euro is sickening.  It had been looking very promising with an extended period of mild weather(60s & 70s as far as it could see), but the last couple runs it has all gone down the toilet.  The 00z has 60s through Monday, but then all the warmth gets squashed south and southwest through day ten.  It all starts with a now much more robust midweek cold plunge into the lakes region.  I sure hope the model is overdoing it.

Yeah especially next weekend it is sickening. 

Looks like mainly 50s here after Monday here, which I won't complain about.

EURO has these highs starting with today for your location (>27th): 58, 69, 73, 71, 57, 58, 60, 58, 51, 47

More reality day 7:

ecmwfUS_850_temp_168.gif

Hopefully I don't flower this week (fruit trees)...next weekend could get be an issue if that occurs.

It actually translates to upper 40s for highs on Sunday, lows near 30° for you. So the surface isn't all the bad.

Cold shot is probably over done. Your forecasted highs off the 12z EURO: 67, 62, 71, 56, 55, 51, 63, 50, 49, 34

Archived