joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring 2014 Med/Long Range Discussion

andyhb

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6z GFS is garbage... but NAEFS finally shows some normal temps late March/1st week of April... a good sign.  This is probably the "warmest" look in ....months?

+1000!

GFS can't decide what it wants to do. lol

Your avatar reminded me, I seen a few crocuses poking out of the ground the other day after all of the snow had finally melted out in my back yard. At this point in 2012 they were already about done blooming and had been doing so for almost three weeks. They were already at the point they are right now in late January that year.

Last year the first ones bloomed in the first week of April, I'm guessing this year a few might pop early but the majority wont start until the middle of next month unless we get a very rapid and sustained warmup.

Kind of depressing, usually the golf clubs are out by now but this winter is really putting a hold on things. From what I've heard they're shooting for a mid April opening, that is insanely late!

Either way severe weather season is approaching! As enjoyable as the greatest winter ever has been, I'm ready for some derechos and tornadoes

Ah yes the models are finally giving this spring some hope.  Starting next weekend it looks to be the end of the prolong below normal temps with only brief warm ups.  Not saying we won't have any cold or winter weather to deal with but honestly screw the Detroit record it is time to move on!!!

Local Mets saying 50s on Friday and the pattern looks to have some staying power. All in! :sun:

Even today while it is 35 degrees out and driving around you can tell how much stronger the sun is. I had my window a little open, despite it being relatively cold. I say at least 10% of cars had there windows open today. Things are starting to look up for warmth!

better

test8.gif

Well the euro weeklies have changed their tune for week 2 and 3.. Now showing above normal temps.. Even up in Canada alot of the cold/below normal temps is pushed out.. Colder/BN comes back a bit week 4 but meh that is way out.. Week 2 has more of a western trough/eastern ridge while 3 has the famed GOA low and thus +EPO..

I'm heading to the UP for one more trip next weekend, it's done after that... Even the UP will be melted soon if that verifies, looks above normal for once. Might be transient though, but should hang around long enough to remove all snow from Wisconsin and lower Michigan.

Archived