andyhb

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geos-

Get ready for some lake wind:

~

NAEFS back to a cold look into May... 

EURO has had its issues in the last several months, I would actually put stock in the GFS. These big wet systems in the medium range tend to tone down as we approch the actual event. Still betting on 2-3 days in the 40s before bouncing back up.

You know its been a long time since weve been in a warmer than normal pattern when geos is pulling out the 6z cfs :lmao:.

It's flip flopping like it normal does. The last run yesterday was warm than normal across the board except around Lake Superior. Tomorrow it could be back to above normal. The only CFS runs that I put much stock in is the last few runs at the end of the month -for the next month.

One thing that's beginning to bother me is that Detroit has yet to see its first t'storm of the season (not including the TSSN back in February).

While we still have a little ways to go until Severe Weather season, I typically would have seen my first garden-variety t'storm by now. I'm not sure what the exact averages are, but I'm willing to bet it's not common to go into May without at least one t'storm being observed. 

I suppose the persistent -NAO block can be blamed for this... dry.png

60's in July is cold. There is plenty to not like about that.

Extremely difficult to get 60's in July without lots of rain and north flow.... Usually the type of day that destroys a vacation. 

If I have a clean house, no outdoor work to do.... I don't mind these days at all.

Archived