• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

I was convinced of this same thing before 12/13/07...then we got 1/4 SM baking powder for 8 hours. Still not sure why because the lift was pretty deep in that and it penetrated the SGZ. It's still one of my bigger forecasting mysteries. :lol:

I've noticed it happens more often than not in WAA scenarios that ratios aren't what was advertised. Even with massive snow growth zones and all that...it just seems to want to get close to 10:1 in these events.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That will mostly be north of the Pike, but maybe if you keep saying it it will come true.

Yeah and when it finally collapses S, its mostly in eastern regions.

I do think much of SNE will have some weenie/mood snow tomorrow evening...but like after 00z and esp toward 03z-06z, I think the stuff that has a chance to drop an inch or so is in E MA/SE NH...unless the RGEM scenario is more accurate when it would be a bit more widespread.

NEW BOX map:..congrats to everyone on a major winter storm

Here is our latest thinking on the upcoming winter storm late tonight and Wed. pic.twitter.com/YUBKhocPpi

I really don't see too many people in CT turning over to plain old rain until it's just drizzling at the end, but they are the experts, not me.

funny that the facebook / twitter map gets updated before the noaa.gov map gets updated... sign of our times

finally a more latitudinal gradient

despite the anticipated northward shifts, system is more juiced than the dry GFS / overall progs 24 hours ago, so net gain for Pike region, even for areas flirting with pingers

RAP shows 2-3"/hr stuff at the end of its run... should be an interesting AM commute

funny that the facebook / twitter map gets updated before the noaa.gov map gets updated... sign of our times

finally a more latitudinal gradient

despite the anticipated northward shifts, system is more juiced than the dry GFS / overall progs 24 hours ago, so net gain for Pike region, even for areas flirting with pingers

RAP shows 2-3"/hr stuff at the end of its run... should be an interesting AM commute

attachicon.gifRAP_1hsnw_t3sfc_f18.png

The graphic on the website has to be updated before it's available to social media, but the difference is the upload to the website takes longer than it does to dump a file into folder for internet use.

Archived