• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

I'm expecting 4-6" in my neck of the woods.  Can't see us getting any more than that between a potential dry slot and eventual mixing.  That being said, I don't mind so much given I'm starting off with a base of 4-5" from Monday's coastal storm.  I don't mind these 4-6" storms if they keep building the snow pack.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this storm has peaked already, and now the ULL is hanging back while the WAA is pulling away creating two separate pieces...that ULL is going to bring good upslope to the usual places...WAA will come in with a huge dryslot...i'm thinking scattered showery type precip for my area while the bulk of the precip shield targets CNE

It's really hard to get significant freezing rain at the shoreline. Besides January 94 and December 1973 there really haven't been many events that cause damage. I do think there's a shot for a pretty solid glaze... maybe 1/4" or so? 

Generally ZR is a lot easier to get from Guilford through Milford thanks to some draining down the Quinnipiac River Valley. 

In my 21 years along the CT shoreline, I've never seen more than 0.15" accretion. I think the elevated spots off the shore (Killingworth, Durham, north Madison and Guilford) have a shot at significant icing, but wouldn't be surprised if the immediate shore towns are RA and 33-34.

In my 21 years along the CT shoreline, I've never seen more than 0.15" accretion. I think the elevated spots off the shore (Killingworth, Durham, north Madison and Guilford) have a shot at significant icing, but wouldn't be surprised if the immediate shore towns are RA and 33-34.

We got .25 down here from 12/15 storm. I really would be surprsied if it rains here, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

Here are the 4+ inch probabilities for a 48-hour period from 00z tonight through 00z Friday.

I'm surprised the WPC isn't much higher down in the Mass Pike region.  I'd think they and most of CT are a lock for 4+.  

attachicon.gifUntitled.png

I posted this on Twitter earlier...WPC has a cool percentile tool, and taking the 50th percentile (average of all solutions) this is what they're thinking. Seems reasonable.

post-1818-0-02362100-1391563572_thumb.pn

Yeah Fairfield county is a whole different world when it comes to ZR. 

I remember on 2/14/07 we were 34 and RA+ in Westbrook and 15 miles west was 19 and ZR+.

HVN gets ZR pretty easily. The northerly drain down the Quinnipiac River is impressive and can lead to a dramatic temperature drop over a short distance. Cold air doesn't dislodge easily there. 

Archived