northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
February 5th beefed up swfe thread-let's get some December 2007 juju,

weathafella

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sleet won't make a difference but lousy snow growth and poor ratios may. That's my concern.

Well on the bright side, if you get 9" of lousy snowgrowth snow with a few pingers in it, its not going to sublimate/compress into 4" like a foot of fairy dust fluff did earlier this winter.

1/4 mile vis of baking powder isn't as asthetically pleasing to look at as perfect fluffy arctic-airmass dendrites, but you do get some serious lasting power out of the former.

I don't see lousy snowgrowth with this at its heaviest point. The lift is so deep that it traverses more favorable DGZ. It won't have the best flakes...but I don't think it will be the baking powder stuff either. 

Looks like the hires NAM keeps things just cold enough for snow along & north of the pike. That's comforting.

Great juice, too. Oddly an early dry slot feels suddenly more concerning than ptype.

I don't see lousy snowgrowth with this at its heaviest point. The lift is so deep that it traverses more favorable DGZ. It won't have the best flakes...but I don't think it will be the baking powder stuff either. 

I was convinced of this same thing before 12/13/07...then we got 1/4 SM baking powder for 8 hours. Still not sure why because the lift was pretty deep in that and it penetrated the SGZ. It's still one of my bigger forecasting mysteries. :lol:

Looks like the hires NAM keeps things just cold enough for snow along & north of the pike. That's comforting.

Great juice, too. Oddly an early dry slot feels suddenly more concerning than ptype.

I could see a few pings for you as the dryslot nears. The lift aids in dynamic cooling so when you lose that...the warm air can flood in quicker. It may go to some showery stuff of IP and SN depending on the lift and perhaps even shut off. However it's probably going to rip from like 8-1pm or so...I mean come down dam hard. If we are lucky, maybe another inch by evening as some lighter snows try to redevelop.

I was convinced of this same thing before 12/13/07...then we got 1/4 SM baking powder for 8 hours. Still not sure why because the lift was pretty deep in that and it penetrated the SGZ. It's still one of my bigger forecasting mysteries. :lol:

That's true...I thought IIRC it was more 700mb? I may be wrong tomorrow...but just my guess. By no means am I saying dendrites...probably some half azz flakes...but that had to be the most putrid snowgrowth ever...lol. 

I should note the DGZ is rather shallow in depth.

Archived