• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/28-1/30 SE Winter Storm OBS

NavarreDon

Wow, I went outside a moment ago and it's "flurrying" pretty good. I sure didn't expect that.

The rap actually catches these flurries too with the slightest of reflectivity. Looks like it's associated with moisture around 900 to 925mb. Based on the rh at these levels, flurries might stick around for a few hours. A little bit of bonus i suppose.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ended up with around 2 to 2.5 inches which is 2.5 in more than we were forecasted . I'm not bragging

by any standards .I thank GOD for the snow we receive.So far up until yesterday every snow was either to the left or right or above or

below us.

For those who

didn't get the snow amount you wanted trust me I know exactly how you feel. Remember winter isn't

over yet either. I saw on JB Twitter page where he show Brazilian model showing more snow for Atlanta in February .

What's your yearly total now 9-10? You guys in northern coastal plain have almost doubled your annual average.

MBY isn't quite an inch. Average 8.5+ a year and have had 2, 1.5, 1 over the past 3 years. Maybe we can get lucky one more time in FEB and break the trend.

Here in MBY we are at about 8 inches.  We got 2" last week, not quite as much as the folks a little to our northeast and at RWI but not too shabby either. Not a year to complain about at all, especially after the past couple of years of total snow drought!  This is an area of extremes it seems like...we either get totally shafted with 33 and rain or we get more than the folks around us (like Christmas 2010).

Wow, I went outside a moment ago and it's "flurrying" pretty good. I sure didn't expect that.

The rap actually catches these flurries too with the slightest of reflectivity. Looks like it's associated with moisture around 900 to 925mb. Based on the rh at these levels, flurries might stick around for a few hours. A little bit of bonus i suppose.

this is pretty cool. Cloud deck has lowered a good bit and I would consider it heavy enough to  be considered light snow and not just flurries. It must be an area of convergence because this is earily familiar to my favorite suprrise snow of all time back in the 90s. It was in the teens in atlanta and windy there but 30 here and calm winds. I was amazed the temp had not dropped here when it was predicted to. However, it ended up snowing 4 inches that night and the snow only happened over a very small area in ne ga.

I was about to say I don't expect any accumulations but it's now heavy enough there could be some light additional accumulations if it last long enough like it is now!

I woke up not too long ago and saw that we now have some light ZR here in Savannah at 31 F. Based on NWS obs, it has been ZR here for probably about two hours. There is some light accretion now on some above ground objects and trees/bushes. I don't recall ever having seen ZR accretion in Savannah as I was in Atlanta during the last few ZR's, which were rather small events. The question is when will the back end of the precip. actually get through here. It is not far inland from here but its SE progress has stopped for now and precip. is building back inland somewhat to our SW, which was hinted by the models. In addition, we'll have to see whether or not that little talked about 2nd wave skirts some in the area with its precip. tonight/tomorrow.

Congrats, that's awesome! We ended up with right at 2" in North Raleigh. We had to shovel a fair amount to make a good sledding run for our kiddos but they love it and are happy, which is all that matters!

I'll bet they're having a great time! We just had a big breakfast and are about to go out now. :)

About 5" here, really about 4" of SN with an inch of ice underneath.  Roads are a disaster, the IP till about midnight created more issues with the roads as opposed to if it would have been a straight SN event.  Kinda feel like it was a bit of a bust here, plinking lasted longer than I though it would, and we lost at-least 4" of SN as a result.  Still, I got my snow, happy, and cold.

Archived