12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snow is snow though...the fun of it occurring is what matters most to me.

Agreed.  And LES is very cool.  I was more interested in the remote possibility of OES flurries today than the C-1" from the front.  We got up to 34 here a little over an hour ago and have dropped back to freezing now.  I am seeing a decent amount of blowing snow on the strong southerly winds.  There are going to be some drifts in unusual places.

Now waiting patiently for flurrymageddon to blow through later.

Seeing high ratio snow fall is really cool...but the paste jobs look way better when its over. I hated it in Ithaca when we'd get a week worth of rotting LES on 40 to 1 ratios...like 10-14" would fall and we'd have 3 inches on the ground to show for it.

Seeing high ratio snow fall is really cool...but the paste jobs look way better when its over. I hated it in Ithaca when we'd get a week worth of rotting LES on 40 to 1 ratios...like 10-14" would fall and we'd have 3 inches on the ground to show for it.

You should have been there in my years of 9/65-5/69. Rarely less than a solid snow cover end to end in winter.

Moderate to heavy snow here for the past 2 hours or so, but it's a fine snow. Snow growth is not very good, so it's not adding up too quickly. We probably have around an inch so far. Roads are a mess.

Interesting.  -SN here for the past hour but decent snow growth.  About 70% nice flakes with 30% baking soda mixed in.

Heavy coating.  22F

Yeah to me it's all about the snow falling. That's what I'm really in it for. Snow retention is nice, but if is what it is.

The snow was awesome when it was falling, high or low ratio to me isn't a big deal. Snow is snow, I sure a lot if people down here agree. Beats rain lol

I like it falling, but snow retention is important to me as well.  I like to play in it (hike, xc ski) and that usually means waiting until the weekend.  I didn't mention downhill because they make their own and retention is less of an issue than temperatures are.

Of course today I am stuck looking out the window because I have been sick for a few days.

I like it falling, but snow retention is important to me as well.  I like to play in it (hike, xc ski) and that usually means waiting until the weekend.  I didn't mention downhill because they make their own and retention is less of an issue than temperatures are.

birds of a feather, that being said a inch of wet snow incoming that freezes solid over the fluff will help lock it in from the 35 degrees on Monday, but then again it could snow again on Monday, grass spots cancel.

Archived