Newest Member
    EWR757
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That front squall line is overperforming, Delaware getting it really good

That was modeled there. The question is how does this develop here? I think some of the higher terrain may eek out greater than an inch...but the problem is that it's progged to weaken before strengthening again near the Cape. So, it's not an easy call. Sure looks good down there on radar.

Not sure where Jerry is getting his temperature data from but temps here have only gone up. 37 here at and at Logan. Strange to see LGA at 27 (and that is their high so far) at the same time with a SW wind. Where is our warmth coming from?

BOS has been 37 for 2 hours, Most areas near mby are inthe mid 30s now with dews quite low hence you may notice little melting.

That stuff blowing up in the Mid Atlantic will become enhanced as it heads northeastward.  Question is do we turn to snow before that gets up here to produce an inch or two before it ends overnight.  Models are really underestimating this system in my opinion as shortwave has dug further south and will likely reach NC before lifting northeastward over our heads.

That stuff blowing up in the Mid Atlantic will become enhanced as it heads northeastward.  Question is do we turn to snow before that gets up here to produce an inch or two before it ends overnight.  Models are really underestimating this system in my opinion as shortwave has dug further south and will likely reach NC before lifting northeastward over our heads.

James, we've discussed this before but your temperature reads 73. Are you secretly in Florida?

I've verified my "c". so far.

GC ftw.

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

1242 PM EST SAT JAN 25 2014

MAZ002-003-008>010-NHZ011-251945-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA- WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-CHESHIRE NH- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...CHARLEMONT...GREENFIELD...ORANGE... CHESTERFIELD...BLANDFORD...AMHERST...NORTHAMPTON...JAFFREY... KEENE 1242 PM EST SAT JAN 25 2014

...HAZARDOUS TRAVEL THIS AFTERNOON...

NUMEROUS SNOW SHOWERS AND A FEW HEAVIER SQUALLS WILL AFFECT WESTERN MASSACHUSETTS AND PORTIONS OF SOUTHWEST NEW HAMPSHIRE THIS AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES IS POSSIBLE BY EVENING...WITH THE HEAVIER AMOUNTS OVER THE EAST SLOPES OF THE BERKSHIRES. SNOW AND GUSTY WINDS WILL RESULT IN POOR VISIBILITIES AT TIMES WITH SNOW COVERED ROADS.

19.6/14

Archived