joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a rain to snow that had a brutal little meso that tracked over the upper cape doing some wind damage and flipping everyone to a brief white out

Great presentation on 12/9/05 by David Vallee:

http://www.sneweatherconf.org/2006presentations.shtml

This might be what you're referring to... featured convection in mesoscale snow band, "sting at the end of the tail" with 3hrs blizzard conditions... winds 80mph+ over Cape / southeast MA

Great presentation on 12/9/05 by David Vallee:

http://www.sneweatherconf.org/2006presentations.shtml

This might be what you're referring to... featured convection in mesoscale snow band, "sting at the end of the tail" with 3hrs blizzard conditions... winds 80mph+ over Cape / southeast MA

The sting jet is an awesome feature but still not very understood. A lot of literature about it in Europe. It's pretty awesome though with a Shapiro-Keyser cyclone and the bent back front. 

Instead of mets questioning hobbyists..would be nice to get a solid forecast and accumulation ideas from mets. We'll see whose ideas end up working out.

Mine is 1-2 regionwide  3-4 in some spots scattered around

i think most mets have made it pretty clear that most of us will see will be c-1. 

Instead of mets questioning hobbyists..would be nice to get a solid forecast and accumulation ideas from mets. We'll see whose ideas end up working out.

Mine is 1-2 regionwide  3-4 in some spots scattered around

I already said my ideas earlier in this thread...I'd go roughly an inch. Probably officially I'd do a coating to an inch with spot 2" amounts for anyone east of the Berkshires. West slopes of Berks are a different story...good upslope potential there.

I haven't seen any met say that

I guess this shows that you don't really read the posts in here.

I think around an inch is what I'd go for right now....can adjust up/down as we get closer. WAA is impressive...vortmax may provide extra lift. Would like to see a bit more LL moisture though.

Well I would tone down your amounts overall. Someone always gets lucky...just don't buy the amounts your throwing out....but that is usually par for the course. I do see sneaky light snows for some of the area like Ginx said early in the morning.

Someone will see an inch tomorrow morning. 

I know. I can barely contain my excitement for <0.1" of liquid and a period of 20 knot winds. 

Seriously dude?

Yeah - verbatim it has a period of moderate snow with 0.05-0.1" of liquid. Not exactly wild lol. 

I already said my ideas earlier in this thread...I'd go roughly an inch. Probably officially I'd do a coating to an inch with spot 2" amounts for anyone east of the Berkshires. West slopes of Berks are a different story...good upslope potential there.

I haven't seen any met say that

3 different METs spoke up as well as several hobbyists,  Guess you ignore them.

Kevin, I'll cognrats you if there are several 3-4" lollis east of the Berkshires.

Otherwise this is a C-1 or C-2 type deal...I personally think 2" amounts will be sparse east of the Berks, but I wouldn't totally rule it out. 3-4" seems like a no-go to me though.

I think the Ct river valley is in the subsidence zone big time, traces probably there as this refires east of them. i still am intrigued by the  OES, not sure exactly what will transpire although the Mesos seem to indicate them pretty well from the SE CT coast along the RI coast to SE Mass. It may be 20 knots inland but anywhere along the coast will be gusting in the 40s with the Cape in the 60 range. Pretty crazy setup. although only an inch this has some big traffic implications in the spots where precip melts on roadways then flash freezes. Not a meh event despite being only an inch or two in Jan.

Archived