• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

Kevin, I'll cognrats you if there are several 3-4" lollis east of the Berkshires.

Otherwise this is a C-1 or C-2 type deal...I personally think 2" amounts will be sparse east of the Berks, but I wouldn't totally rule it out. 3-4" seems like a no-go to me though.

Shockingly, I'm anticipating less than 2.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's what we do haha. It's like the does the temp hit 48F or does it hit 50F in a thaw? Or is the dew point 58F or 61F, because one is supposedly humid and the other is not?

Well not really that got ugly before it was deleted. The passive aggressive stuff has to end, it's getting way out of hand and too many pages are dedicated to answering the same questions over and over. Not taking sides but geez louise.

My current thinking is 1-3" for southern Berkshires with 2-4" for the northern Berkshires. Maybe someone up on the Rensselaer plateau can get 5 or 6" out of this as they tend to do well with these setups. Of course Woodford will probably find a way to get 6"+ from this.

There's always a chance this could overachieve and produce some surprises like the 1/13/12 upslope event did, but I'll play it realistically for now.

My current thinking is 1-3" for southern Berkshires with 2-4" for the northern Berkshires. Maybe someone up on the Rensselaer plateau can get 5 or 6" out of this as they tend to do well with these setups. Of course Woodford will probably find a way to get 6"+ from this.

There's always a chance this could overachieve and produce some surprises like the 1/13/12 upslope event did, but I'll play it realistically for now.

That sounds like good forecast...I think most spots in the Greens and Berks find 2-3" of air, with localized 3-6" spots, especially SVT. Models really like that area with some lake connections too later in the event.

I'm thinking 1-3" up here, then probably another 1-3" Monday.

The banter is entertaining sometimes, but wouldn't complain if we had an analysis only thread.

I'm gonna go negative for a stint....I would argue that the New England forum is 99% banter and 1% analysis.  Most posts are model hugging and frat basement banter.  Other regions have some solid analysis and analyzers, but the New England thread has lost that this year.  Not sure why, and with the exception of a few posters, (TT, Benchmark, a few others), most posts have little to no analysis. 

I would love to have a more dedicated analysis thread in the New England sub forum. 

Models hit the Berks decently... 2-4 sounds good for that    I'm sticking with an amazing C-1" for ORH county

BOX likes Saturday more than I would think:

SATURDAY...
COLD FRONT CONTINUES TO APPROACH FROM THE W AS IT/S ATTENDANT LOW
PRES SLIDES INTO QUEBEC. CONTINUED WARM ADVECTION AND ROBUST 2KFT
SLY LLJ AROUND 50 KT WILL ENHANCE THE THREAT FOR -SHSN THROUGH THE
DAY FROM W TO E. THEREFORE...DESPITE THE COLD/DRY SOUNDINGS TO
START...CONDITIONS LOOK GOOD FOR SHSN ACROSS THE
REGION...INCREASING IN NUMBER THROUGH THE DAY. TOTAL MOISTURE IN
THE COLUMN IS LOW...BUT AM NOTING POCKETS OF DECENT OMEGA WITHIN
THE SNOW GROWTH REGIME AND WITH TEMPS STARTING IN THE TEENS AND
20S...RATIOS MAY BE A BIT HIGHER THAN THE STANDARD 10 TO 1.
THEREFORE...WHILE THE BULK OF ANY ACCUMULATIONS WITHIN THESE
SHOWERS SHOULD BE ONLY AROUND AN INCH OR TWO...NOT ENTIRELY OUT OF THE
QUESTION TOTALS APPROACH ADVISORY LVLS.
FEEL THAT THE BEST CHANCE
WILL BE IN THE W...WHERE UPSLOPE/DYNAMICS ARE COINCIDENT AND TEMPS
WILL BE COLDER SUPPORTING HIGHER RATIOS. SOME OF THESE SHSN COULD
COME IN THE FORM OF SQUALLS AS SOME OF THE HIGH MOMENTUM ALOFT IS
MIXED TO THE SFC...LEADING TO BRIEF REDUCTIONS IN VSBY AND QUICK
ACCUMS.

I think areas outside of the mountains will see a coating to an inch and maybe more the further east one goes, and here's why:  models are coming in further south with the digging of polar vortex energy in which the trough goes negatively tilted over NC and VA instead of further northwest in let's say NY or PA.  The NAM digs this energy to southern VA and northern NC, this would pull any low pressure development further southeast into areas nearer 40n: 68w or 42n: 70w.  Right now 2 degrees of lat and 2 degrees of long could have major ramifications into how much snow falls, and of course the NAM is cold enough for snow even to the coast as its main energy vort max is much further south of the GFS.  SO let's see what the 18z GFS shows and then the 00z models.

Well not really that got ugly before it was deleted. The passive aggressive stuff has to end, it's getting way out of hand and too many pages are dedicated to answering the same questions over and over. Not taking sides but geez louise.

Lighten up, Francis.

What upslope areas is box talking about. Who is upslope in SSW flow? Rev lol? Union ? ORH airport

Mitch.

Archived