joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be shocked at a very rare SSW-NNE band of -SN well ahead of the front moving into SNE. You can see models sort of hint at this. It's just such a cold airmass that the return flow is almost a pseudo ocean effect deal or at the very least advects moisutre in as it's cold enough for much of the area.

I wouldn't be shocked at a very rare SSW-NNE band of -SN well ahead of the front moving into SNE. You can see models sort of hint at this. It's just such a cold airmass that the return flow is almost a pseudo ocean effect deal or at the very least advects moisutre in as it's cold enough for much of the area.

Yeah also the WAA is very strong...hard to displace that much cold air and not wring out some moisture. Though I still suspect this event will be paltry due to lack of low level moisture build up...if it increases in subsequent runs maybe someone could pull out 2 or 3 inches,

Like Will said...it would be nice to have higher dewpoints...but we might be able to do that if winds are a little more srly. It has the look of a few lines of snow showers or even a squall with the actual cold front.

I envision steady light snow most of the day and then a nice squall line or 2 some with t snow

Archived