• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

12-20 at the stake and 8-12 at the condo..yet still we'll hear complaints and Jan is punted. 100 inches or punt

See there's something called percentage of average that allows different climo areas to be compared.

Lets play a game... what is your average January snowfall?  Say you are at about 30% of climo, and could possibly climb to 50% if it breaks right here in the last week. 

Best case scenario seems to be about "50% of climo snow, it rained on 4 occasions, no warning level snows and one advisory level event".  So regardless of actual amounts, how would you grade a January that sounded like that for your location? 

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See there's something called percentage of average that allows different climo areas to be compared.

Lets play a game... what is your average January snowfall?  Say you are at about 30% of climo, and could possibly climb to 50% if it breaks right here in the last week. 

Best case scenario seems to be about 50% of climo snow, it rained on 4 occasions, no warning level snows and one advisory level event.  So regardless of actual amounts, how would you grade a January that sounded like that for your location? 

Yeah, you can b**ch about your seasonal averages.  NNE has been in a rut with the "PV of Death" overhead.

I need 10" and I'm done for the season, lol.

Best case scenario seems to be about "50% of climo snow, it rained on 4 occasions, no warning level snows and one advisory level event".  So regardless of actual amounts, how would you grade a January that sounded like that for your location? 

It's all good - I get what you're saying.  Just teasing a bit :hug:

It's all good - I get what you're saying. Just teasing a bit :hug:

lol I know...just like applying it to other areas and see how people might approach those same stats. Obviously if it snowed 12-20" in a big warming storm, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

JSpin just did a summary in the NNE thread, too that objectively looks at his area.

No big changes. 1-2 inches widespread with spot 3-4 amounts for those that get the heavy squall tomorrow night

I don't see that at all. Some areas will get some -SN tomorrow morning, but the soundings have a mega subsidence area region wide through the aftn. I could see some squalls with the actual front tomorrow evening.

I don't see that at all. Some areas will get some -SN tomorrow morning, but the soundings have a mega subsidence area region wide through the aftn. I could see some squalls with the actual front tomorrow evening.

Loop the NAM HI RES reflectivity, shows the OES very well, I think the atmosphere is moistened pretty well because of the south flow, could be an interesting day.

Models slowed up a bit. Looks like steady snows early - late afternoon and then heavy squalls early night. All guidance gives everyone at least an inch. Some will get more

Models slowed up a bit. Looks like steady snows early - late afternoon and then heavy squalls early night. All guidance gives everyone at least an inch. Some will get more

Well I would tone down your amounts overall. Someone always gets lucky...just don't buy the amounts your throwing out....but that is usually par for the course. I do see sneaky light snows for some of the area like Ginx said early in the morning.

Loop the NAM HI RES reflectivity, shows the OES very well, I think the atmosphere is moistened pretty well because of the south flow, could be an interesting day.

Pre-frontal yes, I could see an area of ocean enhanced precip over eastern areas.  Question is how much is frozen and how much is liquid?

Archived