• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

I think he brings it upon himself when some of us try and tell him that his forecast is too bullish or extreme. Like "widespread 1-2 with 3-4" lollis"...then trying massage that into a good forecast and saying people should tell him "great job" because there were some pockets 1.5" of snow amongst a widespread C-1".

Maybe we'd better off just ignoring it. Because I agree the semantical arguments start getting mind numbing. I know how hard forecasting snow is, so I'd certainly be one of the first to congrats a good forecast. What I don't have sympathy for is anyone trying to get kudos for a mediocre or poor forecast or trying to spin it into a good one. (people would often criticize JB for this after a busted extreme storm call).

I'd suggest the silent majority would suggest this is the right approach.  I for one would prefer to see about 40% less of the posts refuting posts obviously designed to bait pros.  If you look at the number of people that seem to have a genuine misunderstanding of what some of you right...that number is very, very low.  Therefore the endless responses are probably unwarranted.

It would probably cut about $2500 a year off the Americanwx bandwidth budget.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott .. Please give it a rest. Thanks

If you posted less and read more maybe you wouldn't have to question everything the red taggers said that 99.9% of the rest of us understood the first time. 

The C-1 or 2" that almost every amateur and pro forecast that caused so much commotion seems to have worked out very well.  It went almost exactly as everyone figured it would go. 

SNOWFALL           OF

/INCHES/   MEASUREMENT

CONNECTICUT

...HARTFORD COUNTY...

MANCHESTER             0.8   834 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

...TOLLAND COUNTY...

STAFFORDVILLE          2.0   920 PM  1/25  CO-OP OBSERVER

TOLLAND                1.6   554 AM  1/26  NONE

STAFFORD SPRINGS       1.5   815 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

MASSACHUSETTS

...HAMPDEN COUNTY...

LUDLOW                 1.0  1159 PM  1/25  HAM RADIO

...MIDDLESEX COUNTY...

LITTLETON              0.3  1040 PM  1/25  GENERAL PUBLIC

...SUFFOLK COUNTY...

WINTHROP               0.1  1123 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

1 N BOSTON             0.1  1200 AM  1/26  AIRPORT

...WORCESTER COUNTY...

TEMPLETON              1.1   639 AM  1/26  NONE

3 WNW WORCESTER        1.1  1035 PM  1/25  CWO

WEST WARREN            1.0  1003 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

BROOKFIELD             0.8  1004 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

AUBURN                 0.5  1006 PM  1/25  TRAINED SPOTTER

I don't know. The other day I recall Will saying the Monday clipper had more LL moisture to work with than yesterday's. But I'm not sure if that is still the case or not?

Its tracked further and further NW. which limits moisture than earlier progs..but it does have some brief windex parameters in place. So I'd expect everyone to see some snow showers, however, I'm not expecting much accumulation east of the Berks...maybe a lucky few get an inch or so from a squall.

Archived