wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Snow/non-Clipper/High wind/Windex Event Disco Jan. 25th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While snow may change over to rain/sleet for us on the Cape and Islands, I think storm is coming further southeast than the models would indicate.  Also looking at water vapor imagery, it suggests that the disturbance over the Great Lakes is much further south and west than models showed.  I think this will bring a few surprises for SNE especially eastern sections with regards to the cyclogenesis.

While snow may change over to rain/sleet for us on the Cape and Islands, I think storm is coming further southeast than the models would indicate.  Also looking at water vapor imagery, it suggests that the disturbance over the Great Lakes is much further south and west than models showed.  I think this will bring a few surprises for SNE especially eastern sections with regards to the cyclogenesis.

Looks on track to me.

You just said it will go SE. I don't see any change to what models show. There may be a band developing over SE MA and CC, but looks rain to maybe snow at the tail end.

I'm not saying it won't turn to rain, but I think it will turn to snow quicker than modeled.  Given a colder system as it tracks further southeast.  This will pull down colder air quicker.  Whether or not it means something to Cape Cod and Islands its a little too soon to tell.  However there is a band of light snow over I95 near NYC that seems to have survived the mountains and there is more precip towards NC.

We had one burst of real light to moderate snow that last a few minutes, was flurrying most of the morning.

I think that band to the west that was producing the squalls got a quick boost from the coastal "front" rushing west as it passed through the OES snow band it lit up..... its faded back to flurries now.

Visible Sat showed that well. Snow is getting ripped of the roof here at work with these winds , thought it was snowing at one point winds gusting to 29

Archived