joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 21st Snowstorm OBS

snow.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually an interesting double lift / enhancement pattern emerging from the current radar and it picked up by some ensembles but I couldn't figure out what it was.

IN RED: Lift associated with 500mb divergence and 700mb lift, best "sypnoptic" lift if you will.

IN GREEN: Lift associated with 850mb wind convergence and the surface/low level temp gradient.

Congrats Fredrick Co.

post-741-0-15304500-1390313395_thumb.png

Actually an interesting pattern emerging from the current radar and it picked up by some ensembles but I couldn't figure out what it was.

IN RED: Lift associated with 500mb divergence and 700mb lift, best "sypnoptic" lift if you will.

IN GREEN: Lift associated with 850mb wind convergence and the surface/low level temp gradient.

Congrats Fredrick Co.

attachicon.gif012114_1400z_h7and5liftred_vs_850sfcfront.PNG

I can believe it. We went from nothing at 7:15 to winter wonderland by 9.

Actually an interesting double lift / enhancement pattern emerging from the current radar and it picked up by some ensembles but I couldn't figure out what it was.

Congrats Fredrick Co.

attachicon.gif012114_1400z_h7and5liftred_vs_850sfcfront.PNG

Looks like this one is gonna be for the E/NE crew.

Archived