Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Banter Thread Part2

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

post-2876-0-43741700-1390050496_thumb.jp

Wow...so many nice guitars! I really like Ji's Parker. Does it have a piezeo mounted under the bridge? I used to play with a fellow who had a sweet sounding parker that had that bridge pickup. He could get an almost acoustic sound. Here is one of my guitars enjoying today's dusting...

attachicon.gifIMG_1331.jpg

Wow...so many nice guitars! I really like Ji's Parker. Does it have a piezeo mounted under the bridge? I used to play with a fellow who had a sweet sounding parker that had that bridge pickup. He could get an almost acoustic sound. Here is one of my guitars enjoying today's dusting...

Congrats on combining, but now I wonder where this should be posted. Maybe you are confused and need to check with Ian.

attachicon.gifIMG_1331.jpg

your finish is going to check if you don't keep it in the case for an hour, at least, before you open it......oooooops, too late    :(

You guitar gods are blowing my mind with your stables of primo gear. Lingo is totally over my head but I also play guitar...acoustic, passably well. Current one is a hand-me-down Ovation of uncertain but not too distant vintage. I also sing in a band, but don't play guitar in it. Omg picturing a board band forming...tho The Weathermen is already taken...

Missed this post...

Ovations are nice guitars as well. I have always enjoyed playing them. I think they have a very distinct and recognizable tone.

Certainly a quality instrument.

The Weathermen has been taken ...but I doubt The American Weather Band has been claimed.

I could be wrong.

I know what you mean, Ovations do have a pleasant and recognizable tone. It's fun to play but the rounded, slippery back makes it want to slide off your lap when sitting down. Only complaint. Still use my old beat-up classical guitar too. I was always a voice person, starting with choral and classical, more than guitar, picked it up as a teenager basically to be able to accompany myself. Mostly play folk/folk-rock/alt-country kind of stuff. Will never be a guitar god but it's fun. Very tangentially weather-related: whenever there's a power outage the first thing I think of is...I should play acoustic guitar. Perfect thing to do by candlelight while the winds howl.

Yay! 59-minute rule! Booooooo, carpooling with the wife so I have to stay anyway....

So, I asked HR how many times in a week I could grant the 59 minute rule to my team. They looked very uncomfortable and said there is no guidance on that.

One 1% raise in four years? Fine then...

You all now have a chance to get published and be weather famous. The washington Post's Style Invitational Contest this week is Weather or nuts.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/style-invitational-week-1054-brainstorming-new-weather-terms-plus-the-un-crossword/2014/01/15/05c84f60-7c26-11e3-95c6-0a7aa80874bc_story.html

Some examples

By Pat Myers, Published: January 16

Phileas Fog: Heavy mist that dramatically increases your travel time.

Microshaft: The infinitesimal ray of sunlight that occasionally pierces the Seattle clouds.

Archived