• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Banter Thread Part2

H2O

well, although I lived in GB, I did go to school in Arnold (Wroxeter-long since closed and it's a shame what they did to the property) and Severn for a few years

Probably a good thing since glen burnie wasn't really known as a place for higher education. ;)

Here is a pic of my current main guitar...

sproject033-1.jpg

I built this using the best parts from multiple S Series Ibanez guitars that I had from the 90's era. Refinished the neck, redressed the frets. Replaced the electronics and installed Dimarzio pups, etc. This is the series that Frank Gambale used.

Though I've had my eye on this...

http://www.prsguitars.com/setorero/

Perhaps not that color. They had some flame tops, etc. in years past. Also worth noting is I am not a fan of black guitars. That said, the guitar body above had the best tonal qualities, neck pocket, etc.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably a good thing since glen burnie wasn't really known as a place for higher education. ;)

Here is a pic of my current main guitar...

sproject033-1.jpg

I built this using the best parts from multiple S Series Ibanez guitars that I had from the 90's era. Refinished the neck, redressed the frets. Replaced the electronics and installed Dimarzio pups, etc. This is the series that Frank Gambale used.

Though I've had my eye on this...

http://www.prsguitars.com/setorero/

Perhaps not that color. They had some flame tops, etc. in years past. Also worth noting is I am not a fan of black guitars. That said, the guitar body above had the best tonal qualities, neck pocket, etc.

you won't believe this.....I had an 80's S Series that I sold a year or 2 ago; I didn't play it much with the other stuff i have

it was from 86 I think a cherry sunburst; I used to have a link to the Ibanez catalog with the exact pic of it.....let me find it

you won't believe this.....I had an 80's S Series that I sold a year or 2 ago; I didn't play it much with the other stuff i have

it was from 86 I think a cherry sunburst; I used to have a link to the Ibanez catalog with the exact pic of it.....let me find it

nope, I was wrong...it was a 1989

here's the link; it was a 540S identical to the one pictured at the bottom right of this catalog page

http://s93105080.onlinehome.us/Ibanez-Catalogs/catalog/1989/06.jpg

as for PRS, they are all great and you can't go wrong with the one you linked or any of the other ones

Cool...I want to see it.

This was probably my "nicest" guitar. Jackson Custom Shop...one of a kind. Custom paint, ebony fretboard, MOP

Inlays, etc...

Painted by Dan Lawrence...

guitars2008.jpg

guitars2012.jpg

guitars2011.jpg

guitars2013.jpg

RGF2002.jpg

RGF006.jpg

RGF007.jpg

Red Ghost Flames.

This was a $4k guitar.

Cool...I want to see it.

This was probably my "nicest" guitar. Jackson Custom Shop...one of a kind. Custom paint, ebony fretboard, MOP

Inlays, etc...

Painted by Dan Lawrence...

guitars2008.jpg

guitars2012.jpg

guitars2011.jpg

guitars2013.jpg

RGF2002.jpg

RGF006.jpg

RGF007.jpg

Red Ghost Flames.

This was a $4k guitar.

she's a beaut

I never had a Jackson but a friend had a dinky (I think it was) and he liked it a lot

nope, I was wrong...it was a 1989

here's the link; it was a 540S identical to the one pictured at the bottom right of this catalog page

http://s93105080.onlinehome.us/Ibanez-Catalogs/catalog/1989/06.jpg

as for PRS, they are all great and you can't go wrong with the one you linked or any of the other ones

Awesome!... the LR in that pic is close to the one that I posted above.

Also, the dates are sometimes not correct. The real way to tell is by looking at the serial number.

I love PRS stuff... I use to jam with guys that worked at his shop back in the day.

Probably some local guys you may know.

I also had a dinky...

Dk2m007.jpg

It was inexpensive ...but played well once I replaced the trem arm with a genuine FRS model.

I really liked the maple fretboard on this...makes me want another maple fretboard guitar.

edubu5en.jpgmy parker hornet

Looks really Nice! I like Parkers as well.

Is that a POD HD500? I have heard good things about those.

Though I haven't had the chance to try one out.

Who would have thought a weather forum, of all places, would have so many guitar geeks as well?

Surprising and nice to know!!!

Lightly snowing in the Remington neighborhood of Baltimore. Guitarist here, def appreciate the nice axes you guys have posted. Here's a link to a vid of my former band...

MISERY INDEX - "TRAITORS": http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hB8JQ1kHHbo&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DhB8JQ1kHHbo

Holy F balls...that is some serious metal... And to think i was hesitant to post my "metal" clip.

Currently under mostly cloudy skies @ 34 degrees. This winter sux.

You guitar gods are blowing my mind with your stables of primo gear. Lingo is totally over my head but I also play guitar...acoustic, passably well. Current one is a hand-me-down Ovation of uncertain but not too distant vintage. I also sing in a band, but don't play guitar in it. Omg picturing a board band forming...tho The Weathermen is already taken...

Missed this post...

Ovations are nice guitars as well. I have always enjoyed playing them. I think they have a very distinct and recognizable tone.

Certainly a quality instrument.

The Weathermen has been taken ...but I doubt The American Weather Band has been claimed.

I could be wrong.

Holy F balls...that is some serious metal... And to think i was hesitant to post my "metal" clip.

Currently under mostly cloudy skies @ 34 degrees. This winter sux.

Looks like flurries have ended here in Charm City. Here's another clip from my old band, high energy metal to keep us all warm on these cold winter nights..

MISERY INDEX - "CONQUISTADORES":

Sure enough...

Misery Index is an American deathgrind band formed in 2001 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States, by Jason Netherton on vocals and bass guitar, Mike Harrison on vocals and guitar, and Kevin Talley on drums. From 2006-2010, its line-up consisted of Netherton on vocals and bass guitar, Sparky Voyles on guitar, Mark Kloeppel on vocals and guitar, and Adam Jarvis on drums. In 2010, Voyles left the band and was replaced by Darin Morris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_Index_%28band%29

Kevin Talley.... that's crazy!

http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/recording-studio/259659-my-first-song-kevin-talley-drums.html

This is a weather forum... for the love!

We can't be having all of these musical shenanigans going on. J/K

Do you know Chris Heuer?

Still dry and not very cold in the dena. Overall, this was a huge temp and precip bust.... at least locally.

Sure enough...

Misery Index is an American deathgrind band formed in 2001 in Baltimore, Maryland, United States, by Jason Netherton on vocals and bass guitar, Mike Harrison on vocals and guitar, and Kevin Talley on drums. From 2006-2010, its line-up consisted of Netherton on vocals and bass guitar, Sparky Voyles on guitar, Mark Kloeppel on vocals and guitar, and Adam Jarvis on drums. In 2010, Voyles left the band and was replaced by Darin Morris.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misery_Index_%28band%29

Haha awesome! I'm Sparky, been outta the band since 2010 and am stage right on those vids playing a ESP LTD AX 400. Got to experience some gnarly weather over the years while traveling playing shows, almost caught in a rain-wrapped tornado in Alabama, traveled the Trans-Canada Highway north of Lake Superior going from Thunder Bay to Ottawa in sometimes blizzard conditions, torrential rain and severe weather from Ivan as we drove into Atlanta same day as he made landfall in FL, black ice situations. Worst part is, you just have to go, can't wait for the weather to improve, always have to get down the road to the next city which can create some rather precarious situations. Good times for sure! Here's a list of all the shows M.I. has played: http://themiseryindex.tumblr.com/AllTimeShowList I did all of 'em til 4/11/10. Anyway, here's to hoping we get more than a cartopper in the next coupla weeks. Cheers!

Haha awesome! I'm Sparky, been outta the band since 2010 and am stage right on those vids playing a ESP LTD AX 400. Got to experience some gnarly weather over the years while traveling playing shows, almost caught in a rain-wrapped tornado in Alabama, traveled the Trans-Canada Highway north of Lake Superior going from Thunder Bay to Ottawa in sometimes blizzard conditions, torrential rain and severe weather from Ivan as we drove into Atlanta same day as he made landfall in FL, black ice situations. Worst part is, you just have to go, can't wait for the weather to improve, always have to get down the road to the next city which can create some rather precarious situations. Good times for sure! Here's a list of all the shows M.I. has played: http://themiseryindex.tumblr.com/AllTimeShowList I did all of 'em til 4/11/10. Anyway, here's to hoping we get more than a cartopper in the next coupla weeks. Cheers!

Awesome!

I hear ya...I have had the opportunity to travel and weather is not an excuse to alter those arrangements.

Unfortunately, I doubt we get a cartopper.

Perhaps your trash can lid will blow away?

Archived